DTAC Terrain Development

rockwelder

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great new. Bu, stupid question: what DTAC acronym stands for?

Good luck

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Try copying and renaming the exiting model with a "collision" appended to the name?

Nate

Might this also be a problem ?

A3: To correct collision: Collision detection is no longer done by using a combination of a bounding box and non-renderable mesh. To create a collision model, Make a mesh that represents the basic shape of your model. In the "User Defined" tab of the mesh's properties, enter: TYPE = "collision_shell";.

Possibly need a surface/mesh property change within the model itself.

Martin...

Might this also be a problem ?

Possibly need a surface/mesh property change within the model itself.

Martin...

Very possibly, I have little idea of what is actually required.

Note:- Collide-able trees could very well break CA if units can't route around them.

Nate

Can't AI units already do this for existing collidable objects?

...they can to some extent.

If you try placing ground units (with off-road waypoints) in the vicinity of a town/city they tend to get very confused

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

I followed luckybob's guide...I tried renaming the file and puting in shapes folder and exported the file to shapes as well, but no go...

Collision can be designed to allow vehicles to operate as normal but be leathal to aircraft and helecopters...I want to get this working so as to fully test my theory... I have an idea:)

I followed luckybob's guide...I tried renaming the file and puting in shapes folder and exported the file to shapes as well, but no go...
Luckybob's description matches the most recent info in ED's Wiki: http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/w/images/7/7b/EDM_Buildings.doc (document is in Russian)

The model of collisions in the same scene as the object itself. Although it is possible to create a model of collisions in another file, but for building the technology is not necessary.

To model the collision, you must specify the parameters that differ from the rest of the geometry.

This is done in an elementary way: right-click to go to the properties of an object Properties and the tab is written string User Definied TYPE = "collision_shell". Now this geometric object is drawn, and will be responsible only for the collision.

Moreover, at the end of the document it mentions "effects"

For the effects of structures are available wet surfaces, puddles on the roof, snowing.To apply these effects to create a set of textures which contain the alpha channel ...
Interesting ...

I'm curious about this project. This aspect is as important for immersion as to have the systems realistically modeled. If the vegetation and structures become opaque for various sensors and gain a collision model, it will be a milestone.

I'm not a lot into graphic rendering, but does the current engine or will EDGE have the capability to use particles systems? Doesn't particle systems manage "more easily" fuzzy systems of various vegetation objects... at least the understorey layer or forest floor, leaving the canopy for collision model?

104th Cobra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Luckybob's description matches the most recent info in ED's Wiki: http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/w/images/7/7b/EDM_Buildings.doc (document is in Russian)

To me this lends to the idea that the collision geometry is contained in the model file itself? example: a box with the type= "collision_shell" parameter placed inside the actual model to be rendered? I tried this, and it worked to block AI spotting each other, but Aircraft would not crash into it and ground units simply drove through it...

example: a box with the type= "collision_shell" parameter placed inside the actual model to be rendered?
That's how I understood it.

Did you also set collidable = true; in TreesTable.sht and ForestTable.sht?

Edited by ALDEGA

Note: it seems that collidable = true also has some effect with the default tree models. In my test mission, the AI cannot find a path around a forest with collidable = true ...

I have helicopters crashing into my collision box...tanks go around but fire through..hmmm