Batou

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

time to kill some terrorists!

I think we can already do it at Georgia :music_whistling:

Just joking. Great looking terrain, very well done! I'm not a big fan of counter-terrorist warfare, specially when done abroad (still, no politics here, guys), but I'd still love to blow up some stuff around there. Good luck on the project :thumbup:!

yes the first step is almost finished !

I will begin to work on roads and rivers.

• Like 1

CE EVAC

Asus P5K - Intel E8500 - 8Go RAM - NVIDIA GTX260 896Mo - SB Audigy 2 ZS - TrackIR4 - Warthog - Pro Fligth Rudder Pedals - LED 3D Samsung 40" - Seven64

how polite - oi!! hahaha

?:huh:

yes the first step is almost finished !

I will begin to work on roads and rivers.

Sounds great, really looking forward to it! :thumbup:

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

The map is almost finished...

There a screen of geophysical map of our favorite game.

map-afgh-small.jpg

• Like 3

CE EVAC

Asus P5K - Intel E8500 - 8Go RAM - NVIDIA GTX260 896Mo - SB Audigy 2 ZS - TrackIR4 - Warthog - Pro Fligth Rudder Pedals - LED 3D Samsung 40" - Seven64

Fantastic, keep up the good work Batou, can't wait to fly over this theatre.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Batou,

that is very promising work, thanks pal!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 Home Premium 64bit, Intel Core i5-760 (2.8-3.33), GigaByte GA-P55-USB3, be quiet PurePower BQT L7 530W ATX23, CoolerMaster CM690II Adv, LG GH22LS, HD 500GB WD5001AALS, 6 GB Kingston 1333-999 Blu, Sapphire 1GB HD5850 Vapor-X OC, Scythe Yasya SCYS-1000, display LG E2350VR-SN 23"

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic, it's great !

Fine job... true!! Fine!

I'm impressed. Waw! I would like to run through those valleys... I don't have more words except, giving you lots of thanks... and...

I'm sharpening my fork and knife... j j j

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic work!

Excellent choice or terrain. Map is beautiful, terrain is quite diverse :)

Could you please post few pics of low level flying trough canyons :)

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

This map would be sweet for a Soviet-Afghan campaign featuring the Su-25.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus G72GX | CPU: Core 2 Duo Overclocked @ 2.9Ghz | Memory 6GB DDR2 | Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 260m 1GB | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium | Monitor: Samsung 32" LCD

LOMAC 1.0 to FC 1.12 System RIP (2003-2010) | AMD Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked to 2565MHz | NVidia Geforce 7800 GS AGP 256 MB | 1GB Kingston PC2700 DDR DRAM | Windows 2000 with SP4

Yep, also I was thinking you could have a flashback campaign. In one mission it is Colonel Ivan in the Su-39 attacking modern day terrorists, and then the next its a flashback to when he was fighting in the same area as Lt. Ivan in the late 1980s in the Su-25. It would be a fun scenario switching back and forth between old and new technology.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus G72GX | CPU: Core 2 Duo Overclocked @ 2.9Ghz | Memory 6GB DDR2 | Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 260m 1GB | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium | Monitor: Samsung 32" LCD

LOMAC 1.0 to FC 1.12 System RIP (2003-2010) | AMD Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked to 2565MHz | NVidia Geforce 7800 GS AGP 256 MB | 1GB Kingston PC2700 DDR DRAM | Windows 2000 with SP4

I don't know, I'm not a big fan of "Lost" :P

And, well, the only difference between the modern day terrorists and the terrorist of the 80's is that, back in the 80's, Taliban received top-class NATO equipment, while now they use second-hand Russian gear. You know, economic crisis reaches everyone nowadays :music_whistling:

I just can't see why the hell would Russia attack Afghanistan again, it seems just pointless - specially with NATO already there.

I'd rather stick with the old-school Soviet campaign :D

Hiho Batou,

it got quite silent around afgahnistan....

do you still work on it ?

If not please tell us , so that we can put our hope in "collidable trees" or "Flir-upgrade for Ka50" or something similar ;-)

In hope you did not stop the work on afgahnistan

Schnarre

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

Dont worry, i'm still working on the projet.

I have finished to assemble the basic map. I am redoing color texture at this time and add some lakes, big rivers, and agricultural field with higher texture.

I will post some screen soon.

• Like 1

CE EVAC

WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :pilotfly::joystick:

keep on going :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

I don't think the KA-50 was operational at the time of the original Soviet Afghan war.

A fictional campaign set maybe 2 years in the future where NATO withdraws from Afghanistan could work, but the Taliban would have to somehow get NATO to leave in a hurry and leave behind some of their western weaponry and tanks :) Difficult to do since it's normal procedure to task missions with destruction of friendly equipment left in enemy regions to deny it to the enemy.

A better scenario - Pakistan has an Islamic Coup and the new government sides with Afghanistan, providing fighters, weaponry, and tanks.

The NATO coalition could have KA-50s from India or another member of the future coalition.

Bring on Afghanistan :megalol:

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods