GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT - Page 254 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-26-2020, 01:46 PM   #2531
GunSlingerAUS

I'm keen to purchase one of these, but is it still a 3 month wait before producing from the time of order? Add in postage to Australia, and that's looking like a 4 month wait.
Intel i7-9700K OCd to 5GHz w/ water cooling; 32GB DDR4 3866MHz; MSI RTX 2080 Ti; Asus Hero XI motherboard; Samsung 2TB 960 Pro mSATA SSD; 1TB ADATA mSATA SSD; Corsair HX1000i PSU; Schiit Jotunheim headphone amp w/ multibit DAC + Vocal Clear headphones + HeSuVi HRT VSS 7.1 software; LG 34gk950f 34" 144Hz 3440 x 1440 display; HP Reverb HMD; Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and TFRP pedals; TrackIR5; Razer Viper Ultimate mouse; SteelSeries APEX Pro keyboard; one very happy gamer behind it all!
GunSlingerAUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 07:25 PM   #2532
Andrew u.k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f4l0 View Post
I'm using a Jetseat and a bass shaker at the same time. It's really cool!
Excellent, I'll have a go at this while I'm waiting for my Jetseat.

Cheers
Andrew u.k. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 11:42 PM   #2533
obious

Hi All

I received my Jetseat today and after trying it out for the past 2-3 hours, I have some thoughts/questions.

1. Is anyone else experiencing what only can be described as itching after about 15-20 mins of use around where the motors are located? I’m pretty sure it’s down to the motors getting hot but it’s a somewhat uncomfortable sensation.

2. I’ve spent my time with the Jetset pretty much solely with the f-18 and have started to notice that instead of the constant ‘hum’ of the engine, I’m feeling what only can be described as a pulsing effect which is rather annoying.

3. Is there anyway to adjust the motor curves? I’m finding it difficult to notice the onset of increased G/AoA though the seat as the motors seem to be only on/off with a very small curve.

Anyone else experiencing the same things like I am above?

Thanks!
Asus Rampage IV Extreme - Intel 3930K @ 4.6Ghz - Zotac GTX 1080TI - Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400Mhz 16GB RAM - Samsung 860 Evo SSD - Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - HP Reverb
obious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 03:42 PM   #2534
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by obious View Post
Hi All

I received my Jetseat today and after trying it out for the past 2-3 hours, I have some thoughts/questions.

1. Is anyone else experiencing what only can be described as itching after about 15-20 mins of use around where the motors are located? I’m pretty sure it’s down to the motors getting hot but it’s a somewhat uncomfortable sensation.

2. I’ve spent my time with the Jetset pretty much solely with the f-18 and have started to notice that instead of the constant ‘hum’ of the engine, I’m feeling what only can be described as a pulsing effect which is rather annoying.

3. Is there anyway to adjust the motor curves? I’m finding it difficult to notice the onset of increased G/AoA though the seat as the motors seem to be only on/off with a very small curve.

Anyone else experiencing the same things like I am above?

Thanks!
Did you try modifyng default settings of SimShaker for Aviators? I find tuning down engine effect to 20-30% is better to feel other effects, otherwise the constant humming interferes.

For G-Load, I think you can set a threshold.
i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | 250 Gb 970 EVO SSD | GTX 1080 | Virpil MongooseT-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Virpil desk mount | Saitek rudder pedals | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | TM MFDs | Realteus ForceFeel | Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel
FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - NTTR - PG
Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 08:07 AM   #2535
drack

Front left motor stopped working.

EDIT:-

I managed to track the problem.

A wire on the bottom left connector (looking from the back) on the circuit board (in the middle of the seat) has come away.

I managed to do a very rudeamentary repair using glue but I don't know how long it will hold for!

How can I repair this properly?

What is the connector called so I can buy one?

Does it come factory made? Will I have to put a new one in and solder the end to the motor?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpeg
Views:	78
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	226869  

Last edited by drack; 02-08-2020 at 10:33 AM.
drack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 07:36 AM   #2536
f4l0

Quote:
Originally Posted by drack View Post
Front left motor stopped working.

EDIT:-

I managed to track the problem.

A wire on the bottom left connector (looking from the back) on the circuit board (in the middle of the seat) has come away.

I managed to do a very rudeamentary repair using glue but I don't know how long it will hold for!

How can I repair this properly?

What is the connector called so I can buy one?

Does it come factory made? Will I have to put a new one in and solder the end to the motor?

Those are standard connectors, used in various project. Do you have a maker space or repair cafe near by? Usually the folks there are quite helpful...

Feel the brrrrttt:
[Official] SimShaker for Aviators Forums thread at ED forums
SimShaker blog - transfer game effects into the real world
SimShaker Soundmodule with Voicemeeter Banana Setup: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2469416

DCS Toggle Switches

System specs: Intel i7-8700k, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia 1070 GTX, lots of SSDs
Flightgear: Oculus Rift, Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Bass shaker
f4l0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 08:53 AM   #2537
drack

Hi F4lo,

I dont seem to have any of those clubs near me but thanks anyway.

Can I buy those connectors on the internet?

Do you know what they are called?

Do they come separate as wire and connector?

If I know what I'm looking for I could probably repair it myself.

In the mean time the glue seems to be holding

Many thanks for your help.

is this what I'm looking for:-

https://www.reichelt.com/gb/en/2x-pi...JEC_D_BwE&&r=1

Last edited by drack; 02-09-2020 at 08:58 AM.
drack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 12:59 PM   #2538
Der Hirte

Most likely. If you've found some different versions when it comes to the dimensions then buy all of them, they are super cheap. So you can't do nothing wrong. But usually they are always the same size.
Der Hirte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:30 AM   #2539
Pudu

I love my Jetseat from Andre - it makes sims really come alive. For helos it is simply amazing. And Andre's service is excellent.

I've mounted my Jetseat motors inside the seat of my sim rig. It works extremely well and is super comfy this way.
Spoiler:

apologies for the rubbish photo

However the vibrations are strong enough to be noticeable on the floor below the gaming room, even with carpet and massive old wooden floorboards. I was playing through the Enemy Within 3.0 a few days ago and afterwards my wife asked if I was moving a lot of furniture around upstairs.

I have tried turning down the vibration strength but it doesn't make a huge difference. The rig sits on little round feet. Can anyone recommend a good vibration insulating material to slip under the feet which could prevent awkward explanations about my vibrating chair?

Cheers
Pudu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 05:14 PM   #2540
mosqui

Default Careful about customs cost

Good afternoon
Finally, today I received the pad, for Andre part have met the delivery date but my pad has been held in customs for 20 days and it has cost me to pay 90 euros more in taxes and fee to be released. Finally a small big disaster and expensive.
Now I am testing it and I think it is magnificent although I would like someone to guide me in relation to the adjustment of suitable percentages for each of the effects. I am using it with the USB mode and the plane is the A 10 C. Thanks for everything and I hope some help about it
mosqui is offline   Reply With Quote