A-10 Powah setting - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-14-2020, 12:51 AM   #1
Tuna-Salad

Default A-10 Powah setting

So I know the A-10 is capped to not go above 85% N1, but is there a way to override that in the 'oh shit' situation? I've read the entire manual and have not seen it mentioned anywhere. Bueller?
Tuna-Salad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 01:44 AM   #2
randomTOTEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna-Salad View Post
is there a way to override that in the 'oh shit' situation?
Yes

the key command is LCTRL+E (x3)
randomTOTEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 03:03 AM   #3
Tuna-Salad

Is that before or after i press alt-f4?
Tuna-Salad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 03:15 AM   #4
lobo**

I may be wrong, but I don't believe there is any extra 'oh shit' power in available in the Hawg.

Snoopy?
Old 02-14-2020, 04:02 AM   #5
Ziptie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo** View Post
I may be wrong, but I don't believe there is any extra 'oh shit' power in available in the Hawg.

Snoopy?
Admiral's doorbell is the only thing I know of that will give you any extra "oh shit" power - and that is obvious how it achieves that, also obvious what the next step is if you make it back to base......

Cheers,

Don

Airframes: A10C, F/A-18C, F-14B, FC3, Combined Arms. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR
Ziptie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:04 AM   #6
Rescue

Sure you can. Sort of..
You can Switch Engine Fuel Flow from NORM to OVERRIDE. This allows to exceed the ITT, what will result in a higher (yellow bar) RPM of the Engine Core and so I think a bit more Power. (So I think, never tried it!)
Didn't know where in the Manual but it's for emergency purpose only. This is not for a SAM coming at you but more for a last-mile-engine-2-dead-land-on-airfield-chance option.
Somewhere it stands, if you stay for to long above 9X% your engine will be damaged or may cause fire.

Could be all wrong. Didn't flow this for a looooong time. And so many other People here understand the Hog way better than I.

Grettings
Rescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:56 AM   #7
Snoopy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue View Post
Sure you can. Sort of..
You can Switch Engine Fuel Flow from NORM to OVERRIDE. This allows to exceed the ITT, what will result in a higher (yellow bar) RPM of the Engine Core and so I think a bit more Power. (So I think, never tried it!)
Didn't know where in the Manual but it's for emergency purpose only. This is not for a SAM coming at you but more for a last-mile-engine-2-dead-land-on-airfield-chance option.
Somewhere it stands, if you stay for to long above 9X% your engine will be damaged or may cause fire.

Could be all wrong. Didn't flow this for a looooong time. And so many other People here understand the Hog way better than I.

Grettings
In a nutshell you are correct but unfortunately not modeled in the sim. If you switch to OVERRIDE in DCS nothing changes.
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 05:06 PM   #8
Ziptie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
In a nutshell you are correct but unfortunately not modeled in the sim. If you switch to OVERRIDE in DCS nothing changes.
Well, the fuel flow gauge bounces for a moment

Cheers,

Don

Airframes: A10C, F/A-18C, F-14B, FC3, Combined Arms. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR
Ziptie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:52 PM   #9
Zarma

I used it once when one of my engine died. Used it for too long and the second engine went on fire… not sure if it was related to damages or the switch.

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 / https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074
Zarma is offline   Reply With Quote