Improve Cockpit Graphics?

Condor_USAF

Hi all,

With my i7, 2GB VRAM, and 16GB RAM, I'm able to get excellent framerates with overall setting = low, texture = medium, and anisotropic = 8x. Unsurprisingly, the frame rate shudders at medium/high settings, but I can live with the low settings.

My question, is there a way to get higher quality resolution of the cockpit whilst in overall low settings, given that the cockpit stays relatively static compared to the ever changing terrain? It would be nice to see a crisp, photorealistic cockpit given that that makes up 50% of your view most of the time anyway.

Cheers.

I think you should look into running your settings better, tho I do understand your request and I too have wished for seperate cockpit texture settings, but as far as I know there isn't a way to specifically tune them.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

OP: I was just about to do a post/thread on that a few days ago in wishlist but I couldn't finish it completely, I'll PM you about it when I post it. Yes that's something on my mind for a few weeks.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Hi all,

With my i7, 2GB VRAM, and 16GB RAM, I'm able to get excellent framerates with overall setting = low, texture = medium, and anisotropic = 8x. Unsurprisingly, the frame rate shudders at medium/high settings, but I can live with the low settings.

My question, is there a way to get higher quality resolution of the cockpit whilst in overall low settings, given that the cockpit stays relatively static compared to the ever changing terrain? It would be nice to see a crisp, photorealistic cockpit given that that makes up 50% of your view most of the time anyway.

Cheers.

Is there a specific Cockpit you are interested in?

I had real crap graphics in the A-10C and loading a skin improved it almost 100%.

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses.

I think you should look into running your settings better, tho I do understand your request and I too have wished for seperate cockpit texture settings, but as far as I know there isn't a way to specifically tune them.

Mate I turned up my textures to medium and cockpit displays resolution to 1024. This made a significant improvement, at the slight cost of SOMETIMES encountering a slight rendering delay when switching from exterior/chase view to cockpit view.

OP: I was just about to do a post/thread on that a few days ago in wishlist but I couldn't finish it completely, I'll PM you about it when I post it. Yes that's something on my mind for a few weeks.

Appreciate it mate.

Is there a specific Cockpit you are interested in?

I had real crap graphics in the A-10C and loading a skin improved it almost 100%.

I'm actively flying only the F/A-18 and Su-33.