Late activation behaving "incorrectly"

KittyVCAW-1

I'm pretty positive this is user error but I can't figure it out. I'm sorry if I'm not explaining this clearly I'm not the best at that. Basically I have a group of ground targets. I want to have a 50/50 probability that attacking these targets could launch an enemy plane in response. First I have a Mig-29 set to LATE ACTIVATION on an airfield. I have a trigger that says "if group alive less than 100 then throw a flag with a random value between 0-10." Then a second trigger "if flag is less than 6 activate group Mig-29." But as soon as the mission starts he starts his engine and starts flying. If I remove that Task Push "activate group" he never starts up. So what am I missing because in my head this should be working. Thanks if you can help me.

Nobody likes me because I'm unsafe.

Hi, can you be more clear about "Task Push "activate group""? This option is usually used if you checked "uncontrolled".

For "Late activation" just do:

ONCE > second flag is less than 6 > group activate Mig-29

Maybe you should set that random flag to be 0 or 1, then just do:

ONCE > second flag value equals 1 > group activate Mig-29

and also check the other option (for debugging):

ONCE > second flag value equals 0 > message: "Flag value is 0 - no Mig-29"

Test the mission several times, to see that random flag works.

Edited by dark_wood

• 3 weeks later...

so after testing this unit spawns every time regardless of what i set the probability to. Also tried just having him activate after 5 seconds from mission start and he never activates. This editor is the most frustrating thing I've ever tried to use nothing works as advertised it seems. Can anyone help?

1. test.miz this is me just trying to get a unit to spawn after the mission begins....nothing ever happens. I dont get it?

2.Training.miz This is my retarded attempt at a mission. I want the mig to have a random chance of spawning when you attack a group of apv. He spawns every time regardless of what the flag value is set at. Makes zero sense to me.

test.miz

Training.miz

1) In Test.miz you used a trigger type of "mission start". The trigger runs at the start of the mission (when time is zero) to check if time is more than ten. This condition can never be satisfied, so the MiG never activates. Switching the trigger type to Once fixes this.

2) I couldn't open your second mission, it's got a mod I don't have. I've attached an example of a mission that does what it sounds like you're trying to do. There are a group of BTR-80s. If they take casualties, a flag is set to a random value between 1 and 100. If the flag value is greater than 50, it spawns a MiG-29.

Rando Example.miz

thanks for your reply I understand about mission start trigger now.

Second issue i think i had a string of really good luck. I just have the random value set between 1 and 5 and landing on 3 activates. I had six flights in a row where he spawned each time. It looks like its working alright now. I should have bought a lottery ticket i think.

• 3 weeks later...

ok.

i found a solution. but not completely.

i set its fuel to 0 so it will not turn on its engines(aircraft is not set to late activation in this way). but i need after my aircraft reaches to taxiway(in a small trigger zone), AI aircraft's fuel becomes 100% and starts the engines.

any solution?