Su-27 - breaking vertcal stabilisers

Falcon_S

I tested too, and managed to get up to 900 km/h IAS and full deflection without any problems in level flight.

Mind you, that's using the rudder, not stomping on the rudder.

I haven't tested much with maneuvering through other rotational axes though. My expectation would be that rolling would be a problem due to the side load a roll places on the stabilizer, pitch might be o.k. or might be a problem depending on where vortices are, so might be highly variable depending on AoA.

Not sure I feel like doing that much testing at the moment though.

Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.

Su-27S manual says that there is limiter with 17kg force on pedals too.

attachment.php?attachmentid=158611&stc=1&d=1488995864

FWIW, this is already in the sim. Rudder deflection is greatly reduced with gear up vs gear down.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

FWIW, this is already in the sim. Rudder deflection is greatly reduced with gear up vs gear down.

Yep. I just tested it an hour ago, it can plainly be seen with the control indicator up.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.