Full Screen Issues

Kodiii

Hi, hopefully this is in the right forum section.

Shortly after DCS 1.5 released, I purchased a 4k monitor, but I do run DCS at 1440p because my computer is only stable up to 1440p. Because of this, when I originally set the resolution and selected full-screen, all looked fine, but where I point with with the cursor in both menu and in-game doesn't line up with what I am trying to click.

I'm assuming this has something to do with the cursor being somehow 'tied' to the monitors native resolution. Fortunately I found if I alt-tabbed the game and re-maximised it, this problem would go away, although it did give me a few problems with shadowplay not being able to record unless I set it to record desktop (as the application never quite seems to go properly full-screen).

Unfortunately, since installing 2.0, the new client not only has this style of problem, it doesn't go full-screen through alt-tabbing, nor setting full-screen as an option in the first place.

Alt-enter is the only way to get it to be full-screen, and unless I run the game at 4k resolution the mouse will once again not correspond with where my mouse is pointing, meaning I can't fly any simulation cockpits. I will check if scaling windows back to 1440p before launching DCS will fix this issue, but even then it would be a bit of a pain, as I already often have to set special settings in Shadowplay to record, as well as obviously set up flight controls and head tracking :)

Thanks to anyone in advance on any help with the problem!

DCS seems to be set to a stretched-to-native, borderless windowed mode which is mandatory for multiple screens and/or exported MFDs and stuff. To get into real full screen use [LAlt]+[Enter]. If you [LAlt]+[Tab] into Windows you should see a difference as the screen goes black for a split second. Remember to go [LAlt]+[Enter] again everytime you tabbed to Windows.

Edited by Jester Darrak