Su-27 Wheel brake

7rooper

Just today I had the opportunity to try the new Su-27 PFM and my rudder pedals but to my surprise I couldn't find a wheel brake axis to be bound to my pedals toe brakes just like in the F-15.

Is this a bug or the Su-27 doesn´t feature an analog or left/right differential brakes?

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

It's not a bug. It was designed with a brake handle, no toe-brakes (Actually they had the diff-toe-brakes in prototypes, but the pilots told them to go back to brake-handle)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Thank you!

Now I see how different russian planes are designed

I'm really having great time with this PFM. It's really exciting and makes feel the F-15 kinda boring..

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

It would be much like the brakes on your car. Full-on effect means overheating brakes, destroyed tyres etc ... not economical.

Does brake handle have an axis or is it simple button with full on-full off effect? I ask for real airplane, not the way it is currently modeled.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Presumably that brake handle is analog though, so an axis should be available, or is it just on / off and the avionics brake the aircraft within limits?

I know it's still beta, but it's pretty fundamental.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Correction to the above statements - Toe-Brakes were introduced with the Su-27 and are a W.I.P., ie they are coming.

Herewith excerpt of a Marine test-pilot's commentary after a ride in a UB:

Marine test pilot checks out an old adversary

.....Having also flown the MiG-15, -21 and -29, I immediately noticed that the Su-27’s cockpit displayed a generational leap in human factors and an abidance with industry convention. Gone was the single hand-brake lever on the control stick for normal braking in favour of individual toe brakes.......

Edited by 159th_Viper

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

The SU-27 is equipped with both pedal actuated brakes (main braking) and stick mounted brake (start brakes) of course there is an emergency braking system as well.

The difference is the pedal actuated brakes provide 105-120 kg/cm2 pressure and can be used for differential braking, while the start brakes provide 175-220 kg/cm2 pressure allowing to hold the aircraft still at higher engine RPMs applied uniformly across the two main wheels.

Edited by Sov13t
  • Like 1

I think the Cy-27 have 3 wheel brake. the lever on front of the stick is for the front wheel and the toe brakes are for the other wheels.

Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU@4.20GHz 64 bit operation System Windows 10+ Pro NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - Memory: 16.0 GB - 500gb ssd samsung - Samsung 27"SyncMaster TA550 monitors [SIZE=1][B]- [/B][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]TM Hotas Warthog[/SIZE][/FONT] Trackir4 - TM Rudder Pedals.