JTAC Issues

Appleonastick

Trying to create a jtac mission.

Nothing fancy, just 4 targets and a soldier doing what he is ordered to do.

Set him up correctly (FAC assigned target using lasing, comms on 80 FM)

He shows up in the word, standing around a bit.

Jtac shows up in the comms menu.

I can tune the freq to 80 FM all day long, but he will not say a word.

All the way from ready to taxi, to literally flying over his head, he's not saying a word.

I do have the Mist.lua and CTLD.lua way of doing it, but than there is no communication, juist constant lasing.

Not that realistic in my opinion.

DCS Open Beta latest build 2.5.5.34864

NTTR Map

Is it something i am doing wrong?

DCS A-10C II Warthog, DCS AV-8B, DCS F/A-18C. DCS F-16C DCS KA-50 III, DCS F-14B. DCS AH-64 Apache. DCS Mirage F1. DCS F-15E.
System: Z690 - i9-12900k - RTX 3080ti - 32gb ram - 2tb NVME - 2x2tb HDD - TM Hotas Warthog - MFG Rudders - Trackir/VR

Trying to create a jtac mission.

Nothing fancy, just 4 targets and a soldier doing what he is ordered to do.

Set him up correctly (FAC assigned target using lasing, comms on 80 FM)

He shows up in the word, standing around a bit.

Jtac shows up in the comms menu.

I can tune the freq to 80 FM all day long, but he will not say a word.

All the way from ready to taxi, to literally flying over his head, he's not saying a word.

I do have the Mist.lua and CTLD.lua way of doing it, but than there is no communication, juist constant lasing.

Not that realistic in my opinion.

DCS Open Beta latest build 2.5.5.34864

NTTR Map

Is it something i am doing wrong?

I do believe it’s something you are doing wrong. Post your miz so people can help?

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To add to this, I had went through the whole extigent Riviera, excuse the spelling if wrong, user created f18 campaign before the last patch. Super great campaign btw. Came back to do it again and this time, post most recent patch, I couldn't get the jtacs to respond to anything even though the first time I went through the campaign everything worked perfectly.

update: My issue was unrelated. Mine was caused by for whatever reason in those missions only being able to get jtac to respond on radio 1.

Edited by Arbil
update

To add to this, I had went through the whole extigent Riviera, excuse the spelling if wrong, user created f18 campaign before the last patch. Super great campaign btw. Came back to do it again and this time, post most recent patch, I couldn't get the jtacs to respond to anything even though the first time I went through the campaign everything worked perfectly.

Second add

In creating a fast mission, the JTAC does respond.

But it's always a negative. No targets. Great job dude, now be gone.

Even though i made them seriously outnumbered, and they are clearly loosing the battle.

No targets.

DCS A-10C II Warthog, DCS AV-8B, DCS F/A-18C. DCS F-16C DCS KA-50 III, DCS F-14B. DCS AH-64 Apache. DCS Mirage F1. DCS F-15E.
System: Z690 - i9-12900k - RTX 3080ti - 32gb ram - 2tb NVME - 2x2tb HDD - TM Hotas Warthog - MFG Rudders - Trackir/VR

• ED Team

It maybe a range issue as you are using infantry with target 2.2nm away.

Switch JTAC to a vehicle with optics, make it invisible in the options and weapons hold,

It will have a longer range.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It maybe a range issue as you are using infantry with target 2.2nm away.

Switch JTAC to a vehicle with optics, make it invisible in the options and weapons hold,

It will have a longer range.

Tried that too.

First a HMVEE. Same story

Predator. Same story

• ED Team

Make sure you are using the HMVEE with TOW as it has optics.

I will attach my edit here, seems to be working for me.

I did switch to AM 133.00 for the JTAC and I am getting good replies from him.

jtac test edit.miz

Screen_190824_151157.thumb.jpg.f5bd68985d925a69f3a94a722832e684.jpg

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Make sure you are using the HMVEE with TOW as it has optics.

I will attach my edit here, seems to be working for me.

I did switch to AM 133.00 for the JTAC and I am getting good replies from him.

Yes, i did the TOW version

I'm going to try yours now :)

EDIT: It works!! No idea why yours does, and mine did not. But many thanks!

Edited by Appleonastick

JTAC Issues

Second add

In creating a fast mission, the JTAC does respond.

But it's always a negative. No targets. Great job dude, now be gone.

Even though i made them seriously outnumbered, and they are clearly loosing the battle.

No targets.

Yeah Fast Mission default JTAC doesn’t work properly. I usually just redo a new JTAC setup.

Old JTAC thread here with good info on proper set up...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=238294

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

Yeah Fast Mission default JTAC doesn’t work properly. I usually just redo a new JTAC setup.

Old JTAC thread here with good info on proper set up...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=238294

Do you do anything special? or steps that must be followed?