[REPORTED]Radio com issue report

Exocet

Hello,

It's simple, the radio messages emitted by the units from the triggered action or waypoint action menu do not work in multiplayer. The texts are displayed for a few seconds and disappear quickly despite the setting at 60s

My mission is complex and can not be played if the radios do not work...

• ED Team

Hi

Can you provide a small example mission, I have tested messages on triggered actions and all seems ok in MP for me.

If you could show an example it may help me get it reported.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I noticed also "communication" key (\) stops working as soon I take off. While on the ground, I can access tower, crew, and no problems. As soon I am off the ground and try to access \ key, no joy. Can´t talk to the tower, to wingmen. In FA-18 and Mi-8 I use specific radio keys (comm 1, comm 2 in F18, and RADIO/ICS trigger for Mi-8) so I don´t need \ key. But in KA-50, there is no specific radio key, so I have to use \ to communicate with the world (I think it is time to assign a radio button to the game, anyway there is a button in cyclic for this function)

This is not a bug, you are in hard radio mode. Place the correct radio button to display the radio menu. (\) For contact with the ground only in difficult adjustment.

Like I said, I´m accessing comms with \ key while on the ground. Everything works. As soon I am off the ground the menu disappears and I can´t access it again!

I think you didn´t understand the problem here! I am already talking to the tower (it assumes I set the right frequency for the tower, right?) when ready to take off at the EOR. The tower answers me and give me the clearance! I take off, and at the same moment, the menu I was using to talk to the tower disappears. I try to push the \ key again, and it doesn´t work anymore! I can´t access comms anymore. I cant´request a landing anymore!

This glitch is happening to other acft, but in the case of F-18 and Mi-8 (the modules I have) I don´t need the comms key \ to access communications. They have specific radios assigned to specific keys (Comm1 and Comm2 for the F-18, and RADIO/ICS trigger for the Mi-8). Ka-50 doesn´t have a specific radio button to access comms. I have to use \ key. And after the last update it is not working anymore, when off the ground!

Like I said all the acft are presenting the same problem. But KA-50 is the worst case, because I don´t have a key assigned to the radio button located at the cyclic (non functional). The F-18 and Mi-8 have specific button assigned to their radio systems. So, in KA-50 is mandatory to use \ key to talk to someone. I can do that while on the ground (requesting start-up, taxi, takeoff). As soon I take off, I press this key \ again, and the menu does not appear anymore!. I can´t contact tower (for landing), wingmen, etc just because the menu is not available in the air

Ok. The problem was related to the key assigned! In sim mode (not easy mode) the key \ doesn´t work! Despite the manual, there is a key assigned to the radio button in Ka-50 (SPU-9 PTT ; Ralt + \), and using it I can access the comms menu. So I learned 2 things today:

1 - There is a radio key to the Ka-50 ( I don´t need to use comms \ key);

2 - In sim mode, the \ key doesn´t work for ALL the acft. I need to have an assigned key to the radio PTT buton).

Anyway, thx for the help.

• ED Team

Correct

Comms menu only works on the ground

In the air you must use the aircraft's Mic / PTT to access radio commands

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi

I must be misunderstanding, you are using transmit message on a frequency but you have no audio file to go with it. only the subtitle section is filled?

Screen_190824_154123.thumb.jpg.02e94d244afbad55e34983e0d215839b.jpg

I have updated the mission, the problem here is related to MP, you need to test it as a client and not as the host, you will see that host side 0000000000 message is displaying for 60 seconds but for the client it only stays for about 2 seconds so it's very problematic when you need to give coordinates or instructions ...

test.miz