TM Warthog A/B Detent curve - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-07-2017, 09:27 PM   #21
Baz000

Reputation power: 3
Baz000 will become famous soon enoughBaz000 will become famous soon enough

Can someone verify the flanker curves? Mine kicks in the AB every now and then.
Baz000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:57 AM   #22
streakeagle

Reputation power: 10
streakeagle is just really nicestreakeagle is just really nicestreakeagle is just really nicestreakeagle is just really nicestreakeagle is just really nicestreakeagle is just really nicestreakeagle is just really nicestreakeagle is just really nicestreakeagle is just really nicestreakeagle is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytai01 View Post
It's kind of funny that DCS World and Thrustmaster collaborated on working together, but didn't provide compatible programming for the AB detent!. It must have been a very loose collaboration indeed.

For the record, the A-10 doesn't have an afterburner and its throttle does not have a detent for one. They collaborated on making a controller for the DCS A-10C. At that time, there was no DCS World and the only fighter jets were in a separate game, LOMAC/Flaming Cliffs.

I have never liked controllers that attempted to model an afterburner detent. Unless it could be adjusted to match the requirements of each specific game, it would only work for games that followed some kind of industry standard.

The ability to easily remove/install the detent on the Warthog was a good idea. But what games have an afterburner setup that utilizes the Warthog's detent correctly? So I have never used the optional detent on the Warthog.

I really like the $1,000 authentic F/A-18 throttle I have seen posted here. But it includes fully functional detents identical to the real throttle. I would hope some sims can use it correctly with minimum modifications to the game for that kind of money.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:06 AM   #23
some1

Reputation power: 20
some1 is just really nicesome1 is just really nicesome1 is just really nicesome1 is just really nicesome1 is just really nicesome1 is just really nicesome1 is just really nicesome1 is just really nicesome1 is just really nicesome1 is just really nicesome1 is just really nice

It's not a matter of collaboration, it's just poor omission in DCS input options. Every joystick has the same issue, as each joystick type has detent in different place and every aircraft in DCS activates afterburner at different throttle position.

In BMS matching afterburner to a physical detent on the joystick is as easy as clicking one button in the joystick setup screen.

Owned modules out of beta: A-10C; Ka-50; P-51; FW-190D; UH-1; FC; FC2; FC3; L-39C/ZA; MiG-15bis; F-86F Sabre; Bf 109 K-4; F-5E; Mi-8MTV2; M-2000C
Owned betas: SA-342; NTTR; MiG-21bis; C-101 Aviojet; Hawk T.1A; Spitfire IX; AJS 37
Hardware: Hotas Warthog, Hotas Cougar, Slaw Rudder, Wheel Stand Pro, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Rift CV1
some1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:53 PM   #24
MTFDarkEagle
Veteran

Reputation power: 154
MTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz000 View Post
Can someone verify the flanker curves? Mine kicks in the AB every now and then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTFDarkEagle View Post
Your milage may vary, so some personal adjustment might be required
Old 11-08-2017, 08:43 PM   #25
Baz000

Reputation power: 3
Baz000 will become famous soon enoughBaz000 will become famous soon enough

And how would I make said personal adjustments? What do you recommend
Baz000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:44 PM   #26
MTFDarkEagle
Veteran

Reputation power: 154
MTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud of

In the axis tune menu, where you set the curves, look at which point in the curve it sits when you have your actual throttle against the detent and slightly change the sliders up/down to make it fit better.