Perfect stick for A-10C from Thrustmaster?

If price is acceptable, I'll sure put it on my wishlist and send to Santa :P

But I think we have enough NATO style sticks. When is anyone going to model properly a Russian stick? The feeling when holding it is very comfortable, and it has a fairly large number of buttons as well.

Just imagine one of these sitting in your desk! Am I the only one who thinks one Russian-like stick is desperately needed?

0907048.jpg

0814786dl3.jpg

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I think we have enough NATO style sticks. When is anyone going to model properly a Russian stick? The feeling when holding it is very comfortable, and it has a fairly large number of buttons as well.

Just imagine one of these sitting in your desk! Am I the only one who thinks one Russian-like stick is desperately needed?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=462897&postcount=374

Mind the rest of the thread as well ;)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

:clap:

Wonderful work they have so far, thanks for the link, sobek.

But, are they planning to sell the stick as a separate part (or anything at all), or it's just a project for fun/personal use?

I hope first is true, because that's enough to make me get a Cougar just to use with it :D

PS: Just saw your link, Maximus G. Nice stuff too. Problem is, I can't get much of it. If it's not asking too much, can you give a tiny resume of it? Stuff about pricing and release date maybe :music_whistling:?

Edited by Lucas_From_Hell

The throttles are different, but close enough for that to be a cool add-on. However, I really doubt TM will invest in a new product without a new F-15/18 sim to pair it with... pretty please, ED? :angel:

VRS Superhornet for FSX is out soon although ideally it would be an awesome addon for DCS only problem is:

1/ it would outsell BS and A-10C

2/ it would own everything particularly an F with AESA, poor mig/F-15/A-10/SU dudes would cry.:D

3/ we might wind up with more Topgun types on MP.:helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

If price is acceptable, I'll sure put it on my wishlist and send to Santa :P

A stick like that you don't put on the desk instead that would go on the floor.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I got to admit, that I missed your point, SUBS17.

However, if it is, what you noted in your post:

I've got to say, that you missed the point of the /U /M /D modifiers.

What you programmed is a simple switch. You have to do that with e.g. press and release commands:

BTN T7 /P Dogfight_override_mod

/R MRM/DF_override_cancel

BTN T8 /P MRM_override_mode

/R MRM/DF_override_cancel

The /U /M /D modifiers apply to other buttons in case you used the DF-Override-Switch as a modus-switch. In this case, you can add /U /M /D modifiers to other buttons:

BTN T9 /U (function1)

/M (function2)

/D (function3)

In which case T9 performs function1 when DF-Switch is in the up-position and BTN 9 is activated, function2 if the DF-switch is in the middle position and function3 if in the down-position.

Please check the help-file for further details.

Dude awesome rep inbound:notworthy: Now I'm a step closer to getting this thing working the way it should.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Dude awesome rep inbound:notworthy: Now I'm a step closer to getting this thing working the way it should.

That's great.

It's been a while since I last programmed mine, but if you have further questions, I'll try to answer them. Feel free to drop me a PM ;)

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

In true Cougar have unlimited buttons xD, only your imagination is the limit, the foxy language is amazing.

I expand you example with typical use of Cougar.

BTN T9 /U /I (function1)
        /O (function2)
     /M /I (function3)
         /O (function4)
     /D /I (function5)
          /O (function6)

/U / M / O Is override mode

/I is with S3 button hold

/O is witout S3 button

And you can add more functions in same button, for example with needed delay when you press button for other function, example:

BTN T9 /U /I (function1) (Delay 1 Second) (function2)
         /O (function3) (Delay 0,2 Second) (function4)
      /M /I (function5) (Delay 2 Second) (function6)
          /O (function7) (Delay 1 Second) (function8)
      /D /I (function9) (Delay 0,5 Second) (function10)
          /O (function11) (Delay 1 Second) (function12)

In onle ONE button you can have 12 functions :) And in reality can add more ;)

In T9 /U /I if you press and release normal, you run Function1, if you press and hold for 1 second, you run Function2.

In reality the codex for program delay is more complex, but i simplificated for the example.

Foxy program is amazing.

Edited by Legolasindar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

Hmm... I just realized why they design the stick base like that. The base is flat so that you can sit on it and fly with the stick between your legs (err...) as in the A-10! Brilliant design! Trying to fly with the X52 like that was impossible. I just hope they got the stick angle correct.

It makes me wonder though... where do you plug this beauty in??

In true Cougar have unlimited buttons xD, only your imagination is the limit, the foxy language is amazing.

I expand you example with typical use of Cougar.

BTN T9 /U /I (function1)
        /O (function2)
     /M /I (function3)
         /O (function4)
     /D /I (function5)
          /O (function6)

/U / M / O Is override mode

/I is with S3 button hold

/O is witout S3 button

And you can add more functions in same button, for example with needed delay when you press button for other function, example:

BTN T9 /U /I (function1) (Delay 1 Second) (function2)
         /O (function3) (Delay 0,2 Second) (function4)
      /M /I (function5) (Delay 2 Second) (function6)
          /O (function7) (Delay 1 Second) (function8)
      /D /I (function9) (Delay 0,5 Second) (function10)
          /O (function11) (Delay 1 Second) (function12)

In onle ONE button you can have 12 functions :) And in reality can add more ;)

In T9 /U /I if you press and release normal, you run Function1, if you press and hold for 1 second, you run Function2.

In reality the codex for program delay is more complex, but i simplificated for the example.

Foxy program is amazing.

Thats true and alot of profiles do that but it is not the same as the MLU profile which I'm trying to accomplish. The question now is the microstick if I can get that to work I'll be set.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Thats true and alot of profiles do that but it is not the same as the MLU profile which I'm trying to accomplish. The question now is the microstick if I can get that to work I'll be set.:thumbup:

Hint: Use it as axis in the hotas-config, not as mouse-axis.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

How about this:

MIX 3 (/P Cursor_left_Press /R Cursor_left_Release) ^ (/P Cursor_right_Press /R Cursor_right_Release)

MIY 3 (/P Cursor_down_Press /R Cursor_down_Release) ^ (/P Cursor_up_Press /R Cursor_up_Release)

Or is there a better way because whenever I try to calibrate the microstick it doesn't calibrate properly.:doh:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
is it force feed back?

Nope, normal stick with hall sensors. None of that force feedback stuff here.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

I reckon it'll be a while coming, given that DCS: A10C seems to be pushed back a bit as well.

I ended up getting a cougar HOTAS and will get the A10C one sometime down the track

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

I was going to hold out for the A10.. but after watching some great aerobatics videos of BS, I have to throw my 10yr old Saitek Cyborg 3D Gold away. Really.. it was built in 2000. But it works better than my TM HOTAS that requires a gaming controller port on the soundcard.. remember those?

I bid on a X52 with pedals on ebay, but someone overbid me to the point that, with shipping, they're only saving about $20 of the cost of a new x52+pedals. I hope you enjoy your new stick, determined ebay sim person.. I hope you enjoy it until your eyes cross and you run cackling through the streets...

I now go to open my wallet very wide to purchase what I must have.. what must be...

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

I bid on a X52 with pedals on ebay, but someone overbid me to the point that, with shipping, they're only saving about $20 of the cost of a new x52+pedals. I hope you enjoy your new stick, determined ebay sim person.. I hope you enjoy it until your eyes cross and you run cackling through the streets...

Hilarious, and I think we've all had that guy bid against us at one point or another. You definately get my nomination for LOLz of The Week.

Wow still no updates for this bad boy? Any news on this or even CH's 'Hog would be great! By the way i just put a minty fresh cougar on ebay for 75 clams for anyone who cant wait until 2020 for fresh steel :joystick:!

There's no hurry. DCS A-10 won't be out the door before at least late 2010, so they better spend time on getting it right instead of releasing an abysmal product and fixing it afterwards or not at all (the parable of the G940 [1] anyone?).

[1] http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=47236

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!