Semi new to mission building....

Swany

Couple things I'm trying to figure out

If I were download and use a mod, something along the lines that would give a static ground crew, vic's etc., would my friends then have to download the mod, or is there a way that it would get wrapped up in the ME/Miz file so when they downloaded, it would already be there?

Someone told me there are models within the game that you can place like ground crews, and structures around an airfield. I can find none? (Other than things like the F117 bomb crates). Am I missing something?

Thanks!

B. "Swany" Swanberg

Gigabyte Designare, Intel i9 9900KF (3.6, OC'd to 5.0)

32GB Patriot Viper Steel (black, non-RGB)

OS installed on a Samsung Evo 970 1TB SSD

DCS installed on a Samsun Evo 860 1TB SSD

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

EVGA Supernova 720p 750w PS

3 Dell S2716DG monitors in Surround mode (7680x1440)

Oculus Rift S VR

Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick

Thrusmaster Rudder Pedals

assorted button boxes/Arduino boards

All drivers always kept up to date (30 days old, max)

If I were download and use a mod, something along the lines that would give a static ground crew, vic's etc., would my friends then have to download the mod

Yes

... or is there a way that it would get wrapped up in the ME/Miz file so when they downloaded, it would already be there?

You could pack together both your Mission file, plus any custom livery, plus (saved games compatible) Mods ... but doing that would be rude to the Mod's and Liveries creators, as most of them dont allow you to redistribute their work .. these Mods and Liveries are free, so the least we can do is respect their authors wishes.

So, the proper way of doing this is to give your mission to your friends and alongside a readme file with the download links to any livery or mod that the missioon requires.

Someone told me there are models within the game that you can place like ground crews, and structures around an airfield. I can find none?

DCS includes a lot of objects, but sadly airbase equipment isnt amongst them.

Because of this, on my missions I make use of this Mod:

https://virpil.com/en/news/58-vpc-airfield-equipment-dlya-dcs-world

The Mod's author has issued an update patch for DCS 2.5.5, as the official download file only works with DCS 2.5.4 or earlier ... download it here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3959911&postcount=275

With this Mod you can setup airbases like this:

8ywmsHX.jpg

vE7dn2X.jpg

Best regards,

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thank you both. I've already downloaded the MOD and am in the process of talking to my buddies about using it ;) Something like that is EXACTLY what I'm looking for

B. "Swany" Swanberg

Gigabyte Designare, Intel i9 9900KF (3.6, OC'd to 5.0)

32GB Patriot Viper Steel (black, non-RGB)

OS installed on a Samsung Evo 970 1TB SSD

DCS installed on a Samsun Evo 860 1TB SSD

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

EVGA Supernova 720p 750w PS

3 Dell S2716DG monitors in Surround mode (7680x1440)

Oculus Rift S VR

Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick

Thrusmaster Rudder Pedals

assorted button boxes/Arduino boards

All drivers always kept up to date (30 days old, max)

Thank you both. I've already downloaded the MOD and am in the process of talking to my buddies about using it ;) Something like that is EXACTLY what I'm looking for

Remember to patch the mod before using it, and apply it using a mod manager, as it triggers the IC .. this way you can easily deactivate it. To use it on my Server I’ve to allow clients that use custom textures. :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB