Mission 2 - crash after Colt leaves and assigns me to Vaziani

Kirin

Greetings aces

I've been recently coming back into DCS, flying in VR exclusively. I am enjoying the Mirage campaign tremendously.

Mission 2 was a blast until Colt flight got the order to cover Seraph flight and assigned me to proceed to Vaziani. After a few seconds the game crashed.

I am on the newest Beta candidate. Vanilla, no mods. In VR.

Any advice?

Kirin out

Hey, not sure what is happening here, I'll try to give it a whirl tomorrow in VR and see if I can reproduce. CTDs are rarely caused by anything in the campaign (especially that I didn't touch anything there), but there may be some new bug introduced by ED... first thing to do - try to run a repair and update your GPU drivers though, this may help.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hey Kirin, I've just tested the mission in VR and didn't have any trouble with it. There may be some hardware specific problem that causes some people to have CTDs in two missions (in fact, for M10 Hicks did report something similar and then CTDs went away after he upgraded his PC).

In a way I know that for it would be better if it was some kind of bug that could be reported and fixed on ED side, but unfortunately I can't help on this one apart from what I said in the post above. Let me know if you have any success in solving this!

On a side not - what a fun it was to jump on the M-2000C again after having flown Harrier and A-10C exclusively for the last few months! And everything in the mission aligned perfectly, AI positions, chatter... good times :)

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png