DCS: A-7E Corsair II by FlyingIron Simulations

fl0w

I believe they will get their thread when they will be close to release A-7 in EA.

You may have noticed also other 3rd party developers do not have all of their non-released modules in their threads.

Also for example OctopusG got official thread when they were close to EA, if i remember correctly.

Are you from FlyingIron sim?

So the 3d model is already textured?

I would honestly hope they are actually pretty far along if they expect to release it this year. Especially on the systems, FM, and weapons modeling, thats the stuff that takes the bulk of the time and "talent" to develop. There are countless modders here that can make a nice looking external model, and even a cockpit. I'm just hoping these guys aren't the next razbam, nice graphics, but poor/slow systems modeling.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

That is correct, and it would have been great if it had of worked but it was a technology in its infancy at the time.

This USED to be true but during the JSF tender Boeing absorbed McDonnell Douglas thereby becoming one of the most experienced manufacturers of combat aircraft. To this day it manufactures the F-15 and F-18.

The AH-64E (Apache/Guardian) is also a Boeing product.

Thanks to Hughes/MD doing all the R&D.

System 1:

Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Build 19045.4123 - Core i7 3770K/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)/32GB G-Skill Trident X DDR3 CL7-8-8-24/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB - drivers 551.61/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/1TB Crucial MX 500 SSD/(x2)1TBMushkinRAWSSDs/2TB PNY CS900 SSD/Corsair RM750w PSU/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/34" LG LED Ultrawide 2560x1080p/Saitek X56 HOTAS/TrackIR 5 Pro/Thermaltake Tt esports Commander Gear Combo/Oculus Quest 2/TM 2xMFD Cougar/InateckPCIeUSB3.2KU5211-R

System 2:

Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3447 - MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US - i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi/32GB DDR5 5600mhz RAM/RTX 4060/2TB nVME SSD/4TB 2.5in SSD/650w Gold PSU

chinook and the v-11 (thats 50% of the v-22 osprey)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Are there Infos about the potential weapon systems?

Hopefully everything the A-7E carried:

Mk-82/83/84

Mk-20 Rockeye

AGM-45 Shrike

AGM-88 HARM

AGM-62 Walleye I/II

GBU-10/12/16 Paveway II (external designation required)

AGM-123 Skipper II (not sure if operational or just tested, external designation required)

LAU-10 Zuni

LAU-61

AIM-9 Sidewinder

M61 Vulcan 20mm

B27/57/61 Nukes

Various naval mines

ADM-141 TALD (decoy)

AN/AAR-45 FLIR Pod (projects FLIR on HUD)

AN/AAW-9 Datalink Pod (for guiding Walleye)

D-704 Buddy Tanker Pod

Just a string of Hellenic Air Force A-7 pictures:

https://www.targeta.co.uk/araxos_2010.htm

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Hi, I was wondering when FlyingIron Simulations would get a Licensed Third Party Projects page?

Others have been wondering, too.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4230538&postcount=167

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

What do you suppose that they were referring to when they said that the papers were signed and the ink was dry?

I'd say they meant their contract with ED about the A-7E is signed and safe.

https://flyingironsimulations.com/blogs/news/dcs-a-7e-corsair-ii-by-flyingiron-sims

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4228485&postcount=240

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

• 2 weeks later...

In preparing of the A-7 are there any videos or info sheets how to do deep strike missions and air to ground attacks on enemy bases with infrated-guided missile defence? I want start to train such procedures with the F14.

Jeeeeze! I sure hope this wasn't just a flash in the pan. It would be such a bummer to see these guys go down the toilet like so many other wannabe 3rd party developers. :mad:

The A-7 is such an awesome plane and would be such a wonderful addition to the DCS World.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Jeeeeze! I sure hope this wasn't just a flash in the pan. It would be such a bummer to see these guys go down the toilet like so many other wannabe 3rd party developers. :mad:

The A-7 is such an awesome plane and would be such a wonderful addition to the DCS World.

Hi Razor,

Development is still in it's early stages, and we are currently working on basic system & FM coding. Unfortunately, this isn't the most interesting thing to talk about, hence the lack of updates on our part.

Once we get over this hurdle and I get back to working on the A-7 art full-time, we will have more regular updates to share.

Cheers,

Alex

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the reply Donny. I believe you'll find that there are many folks in here that are very hungry for any snipit of info from you guys, whether it is a pretty WIP picture or just a comment on what system you are coding at the moment. Nothing about the development of this module is uninteresting to those of us that are anxiously awaiting it's arrival! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]