Intro and a Newbie question

NC-Boomer

Happy 2020 to All,

I'm an absolute beginner with DCS, but not simming. The first flight sim I used was back in '85-'86. It was all wire-frame and the two things you could do: shoot at other planes and land on a carrier...before you played you had to insert the 5.25inch floppy with the game's tiny binary.

I moved on from there over the years - Falcon 3 & 4, Jetfighter, a couple of Jame's sims and a few others I forget the names of. I also played Naval sims - The Silent Hunter series and a very good WWII surface combat sim called '1942' covering the Battle of the Solomans. I've been using land based sims for many years - M1A Tank platoon and I've been using Steel Beasts for over ten years so far. But, here I am back into flying and blowing things up.

So, Santa brought me a T1600M FCS this year and now I'm trying to get it setup. My newbie question is this: After RTFMing, it seems that you actually geet DCS World to be windowed its resolution needs to less than the monitor. Is this true? If not how can it be done (yes, I don't have 'full screen' checked.

Thanks

Edited by NC-Boomer

Welcome!

I don't think I understand your question correctly. If you want DCS fullscreen you should check that in options. The resolution should be the same as your desktop - usually monitor native. DCS being very hard on your PC will achieve peak performance when run fullscreen.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

I think form what I understand, correct. The "Windows bar" and window controls only appear in resolutions less than your primary screen. the same or larger and they disappear. This is automatic its seems but I think you can set a custom resolution if you rememeber the size for a full window on your desktop and you might get the window control you are after. Never thought about it before tbh.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Open the docs before running DCS then run DCS in fullscreen. You should be able to AltTab between them. Or better use some tablet or smartphone.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Welcome to DCS World!

Intel i7-3770K,Windows 10 64,Noctua NH-U12S ,ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ,G.Skill 32GB DDR3 2400,EVGA GTX 1080,ADATA XPG900x2 RAID 0, CM HAF XB Case,Thrustmaster Warthog,Combat Rudder Pedals,Logitech G930 with wireless TrackIR 5, 39" Insignia LED 120Hz Monitor, Oculus Rift

Welcome:pilotfly:

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

Welcome NC, im also new but have a laptop i use, or pick up a cheap monitor and have two screens :)

Utrinque Paratus

I7-9700K OCTA-CORE 3.6 GHZ / 4.8 GHZ

RAM 32 GB DDR4 (3000 MHZ)

NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - 8 GB GDDR6

STORAGE - 2TB SSD - 6 TB SATA