JF-17 AWACS Data link

SaladParty

Why you dont give redfor the E-3 awacs ?

On 3/3/2021 at 3:03 PM, mrfoxik said:

At the beginning I would like to mention that I fly mainly for outdated and forgotten by devs, REDFOR side, where fighting against modern BLUEFOR fly-by-wire Fxx's requires special tactics and ideas. Tactics of BLUEFOR with theirs ARH missiles is simple as hummer building.
Therefore I have bought JF-17 for redfor, to have good modern complex plane with good ARH missiles to fight mainly against Fxx planes.

Unfortunately I have discovered that DATALINK for REDFOR does not work and one year passed and we still do not have working datalink for REDFOR side.
If it would happen for bluefor I would not be angry.

Any informations when it will be fixed? BLUEFOR planes still have advantage over RED ... even in datalink ... because for bluefor datalink is working for red it is not. One year passed and still nothing 😞
I have tested datalink today once again for red and blue.
Blue it is ok
Red it is not ok.

Why the BLUEFOR has always advantage over RED? 😞

Why you dont give redfor the E-3 Awacs ? Works perfectly with them.

My skins

19 hours ago, Mike_Romeo said:

Why you dont give redfor the E-3 awacs ?

Why you dont give redfor the E-3 Awacs ? Works perfectly with them.

I would if I could. Your proposition solves the problem for single player playing but not for a multiplayer where I used to play.
I can not change AWACS for E-3 because I am not the admin of any server. I was talking to some admins of servers with very complicated dynamic mission and I was told that changing the setup of coalition will make a lot of work with redefining  mission, vehicles and .lua scripts but I will mention that missions for multiplayer are made mainly with default coalition setup what blocks you to use E-3 AWACS for RED.

Second very important note that must be mentioned are EWRs 1L13 and 55G6 for RED what gives you informations as AWACS too. Unfortunately here datalink for JF-17 does not work too and those vehicles are of course connected to the red side by coalition setup in mission what can not be edited even by admins.

Moreover RED players, for example on DDCS server, build (by transporting the containers) EWR stations more often than call for AWACS, because it is simply easier to defend for RED and keep it more under control and safe.

When we are going to the conclusion that those very complicated server missions, coalition setups, not working AWACS and of course EWRs, makes JF-17 useless what is very very sad, because this plane is an good tool to balance the forces RED-BLUE in multiplayer, but when something is working for BLUE and not working for RED we can not discus about game balance any more.
I hope that you understood my problem and point of view, if not please play on red side more often and fight with outdated RD planes against modern jets in BLUE (F18 baned for reds)🙂

Greetings

1 hour ago, mrfoxik said:

I was talking to some admins of servers with very complicated dynamic mission and I was told that changing the setup of coalition will make a lot of work with redefining  mission, vehicles and .lua scripts but I will mention that missions for multiplayer are made mainly with default coalition setup what blocks you to use E-3 AWACS for RED.

I get the point that you can't change MP missions because you're not the admin/mission creator but if the admin told you they use default coalition and that "is the problem" they can't add the E-3 AWACS for the RED side this is nonsense(?), because if you look at the picture:

1.jpg

Or i misunderstood what you meant, please ignore me.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

45 minutes ago, unknown said:

I get the point that you can't change MP missions because you're not the admin/mission creator but if the admin told you they use default coalition and that "is the problem" they can't add the E-3 AWACS for the RED side this is nonsense(?), because if you look at the picture:

Or i misunderstood what you meant, please ignore me.

I am gonna to check it later thank you for the idea.

Anyway it would be 1000 times better if devs would fix this dammed data link problem as fast as possible instead to force on players to work around it in strange ways.

Data link is rather important tool in plane especially in PVP fights, ppl paid for working aircraft and not for to be smashed down by Fxx blue planes coz theirs data link is working and your not. 😞

1 hour ago, mrfoxik said:

I am gonna to check it later thank you for the idea.

Anyway it would be 1000 times better if devs would fix this dammed data link problem as fast as possible instead to force on players to work around it in strange ways.

Data link is rather important tool in plane especially in PVP fights, ppl paid for working aircraft and not for to be smashed down by Fxx blue planes coz theirs data link is working and your not. 😞

As far as i know/understand the problem ED is modelling 2 different Datalink systems/protocols and the DCS engine is limited to 1 system per plane/awacs. So if you make the JF-17 compatible with RED AWACS everyone who plays the JF-17 as BLUE will complain and vice versa. You/we will have to live with that until ED improves this i guess.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

13 minutes ago, unknown said:

As far as i know/understand the problem ED is modelling 2 different Datalink systems/protocols and the DCS engine is limited to 1 system per plane/awacs. So if you make the JF-17 compatible with RED AWACS everyone who plays the JF-17 as BLUE will complain and vice versa. You/we will have to live with that until ED improves this i guess.

So lets switch data link working only to the red side - simple.
Blue team has enough advantage in planes, F15, 16, 18 ....
What comparable plane for red team?

4 minutes ago, mrfoxik said:

So lets switch data link working only to the red side - simple.
Blue team has enough advantage in planes, F15, 16, 18 ....
What comparable plane for red team?

Pakistan is the primary operator of the Thunder, and uses it along side the F-16, so I'd prefer to have compatibility that mirrors real world application. Making the JF-17 DL REDFOR only is breaking from reality in the name of balancing air quake. 

Balancing MP is not Deka's job, making the most realistic aircraft is. 

4 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Pakistan is the primary operator of the Thunder, and uses it along side the F-16, so I'd prefer to have compatibility that mirrors real world application. Making the JF-17 DL REDFOR only is breaking from reality in the name of balancing air quake. 

Balancing MP is not Deka's job, making the most realistic aircraft is. 

What about game balancing? Many servers use JF just to balance forces. For example I bought JF only because to have modern jet to fly in REDFOR and destroy dammed modern complex F15-16-18 which are raping REDs as hell. It is hell to use outdated rus jets and play against modern jets with ARH missiles. That is why the blue side is the most populated on multiplayer.

And now the only one hope JF17 has destroyed data link. Nice

7 minutes ago, mrfoxik said:

What about game balancing? Many servers use JF just to balance forces. For example I bought JF only because to have modern jet to fly in REDFOR and destroy dammed modern complex F15-16-18 which are raping REDs as hell. It is hell to use outdated rus jets and play against modern jets with ARH missiles. That is why the blue side is the most populated on multiplayer.

And now the only one hope JF17 has destroyed data link. Nice

Again, you're going to screw over squadrons based on the real world operators all because you want Deka to balance the game for you. 

Deka has to choose one, and going with the current real world option is the obvious choice until a work around can be found. 

49 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Again, you're going to screw over squadrons based on the real world operators all because you want Deka to balance the game for you. 

Deka has to choose one, and going with the current real world option is the obvious choice until a work around can be found. 

Not only for me. It is for us all who are the heroes and fly on the red side. To be honest there is no good plane on red side.

And again if we paid for the plane which is on redside and somebody want to use it in redside so it should work in red too. IF the devs decision is to have broken data link in red so they should completely remove this plane from redfor list.

The biggest DCS problem  for what I hate this game is covering unbalance in the game by real world, real systems etc. etc. So they produce one after another DLC for bluefor what makes redfor unplayable more and more, but funny thing is that when JF was in bata I was reading somewhere that this plane will be for redfor too, so it will balance the game a bit and ppl were happy. Now there is no any information on steam or drv side that this plane is broken for red and quite useless in PVP due to not working datalink.

To be honest I would not buy this plane if I know that important system for red side is broken.

I was jumping on forums to read some about JF17 and datalink for red. Many players are frustrated too, because to be honest there is no good plane for redfor.

11 minutes ago, mrfoxik said:

Not only for me. It is for us all who are the heroes and fly on the red side. To be honest there is no good plane on red side.

And again if we paid for the plane which is on redside and somebody want to use it in redside so it should work in red too. IF the devs decision is to have broken data link in red so they should completely remove this plane from redfor list.

The biggest DCS problem  for what I hate this game is covering unbalance in the game by real world, real systems etc. etc. So they produce one after another DLC for bluefor what makes redfor unplayable more and more, but funny thing is that when JF was in bata I was reading somewhere that this plane will be for redfor too, so it will balance the game a bit and ppl were happy. Now there is no any information on steam or drv side that this plane is broken for red and quite useless in PVP due to not working datalink.

To be honest I would not buy this plane if I know that important system for red side is broken.

I was jumping on forums to read some about JF17 and datalink for red. Many players are frustrated too, because to be honest there is no good plane for redfor.

Balancing Red and Blu sides is not Deka's job. 

2 hours ago, Foogle said:

Balancing Red and Blu sides is not Deka's job. 

Deka's job is to deliver working plane on the battle. It is not working properly then remove it from redfor team or set informations on websites were you can buy the plane that this module is not working correctly for red and is useless in PVP for red team.

26 minutes ago, mrfoxik said:

Deka's job is to deliver working plane on the battle. It is not working properly then remove it from redfor team or set informations on websites were you can buy the plane that this module is not working correctly for red and is useless in PVP for red team.

It accurately simulates a Pakistani aircraft that is built to interface with the blufor airborne command and control (Erieye) that Pakistan uses.

The promotional material doesn't mention the Thunder belonging to a specific side, and I don't see any lies in saying that the data link allows it to talk to the AWACS. 

If the sales page is lying, then the page for any Blu datalink capable aircraft is lying. The F-16 can't connect to the Red AWACS either, it's also used by Pakistan, so you should go over to their forum and see what they say. 

Finally, PvP balancing is not a reasonable argument for changing an aircraft away from its known capabilities. DCS is ultimately a simulator, whether you use it realistically or not. 

Edited by Foogle

15 hours ago, mrfoxik said:

remove it from redfor team

you can use e-3 in red coalition, as was demonstrated above.

you are complaining about a problem that doesnt exist. if multiplayer mission creators dont add it, thats their stupidity. balancing is task for mission creators, not module creators. complaints belong there.

Edited by dorianR666
  • Like 3

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

13 hours ago, Mike_Romeo said:

@mrfoxik you might wanna join Growling Sidewinders server, one of the biggest DCS servers. JF-17 on red has datalink from a red E-3 awacs and everything is fine. The server is on the open beta version and pure air quake.

Thanks but I play sometimes for Growling but do not like it much, there is not so much tactics but mess in the air. You can meet me on DDCS more often because it is more flexible, really dynamic war, fight for town, building strongholds, bases, just like arma but without infantry. It is more tactical server.
E-3 awacs does not solve the problem for DDCS where we use grouded EWRs as I described ealier. What about datalink from EWR?

15 hours ago, dorianR666 said:

you can use e-3 in red coalition, as was demonstrated above.

you are complaining about a problem that doesnt exist. if multiplayer mission creators dont add it, thats their stupidity. balancing is task for mission creators, not module creators. complaints belong there.

What about EWRs on red side what we use them in DDCS? Problem exist DorianR666 the problem exist and it is frustrating.

Another thing is that the bluefor does not have any EWR what could work as AWACS, so they need to use "combined joint task forces" to get 1L13 & 55G6 available on theirs side.

Unfortunately the data link from those EWRs does not work both for blue and redfor. 😞