DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion - Page 37 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-04-2019, 03:24 PM   #361
Grodlund

That single image basically killed the last bit of hope for me.
By looking at that single screen of a pretty poor render, with no textures or no materials - it is pretty clear that we wont see the Hind any time soon.

I am not expecting it 2019 and 2020 is doubtful.
I mean.. seriously... that image looks like something someone threw togeather this afternoon.
And I have worked with 3D sculpting... this is not a project that has come very far, I can promise you that.

That's like... 3 -4 hours of work tops, depending of the skill of the 3D artist.

big for me
Old 01-04-2019, 03:28 PM   #362
Cytt0rak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grodlund View Post
That single image basically killed the last bit of hope for me.
By looking at that single screen of a pretty poor render, with no textures or no materials - it is pretty clear that we wont see the Hind any time soon.

I am not expecting it 2019 and 2020 is doubtful.
I mean.. seriously... that image looks like something someone threw togeather this afternoon.
And I have worked with 3D sculpting... this is not a project that has come very far, I can promise you that.

That's like... 3 -4 hours of work tops, depending of the skill of the 3D artist.

big for me
I'm an avid AH-1 guy and how long have been waiting for these? 5 years now?

Sadly rotories are even more niche compared to fixed wings I understand EDs business choice of putting these on backburner.
Cytt0rak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 04:32 PM   #363
Razorback

Just added a comment regarding the last Chizh Weekend News (04 Jan 19) and the status of the Mi-24 module - post #918

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...14#post3745314
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:25 PM   #364
Stratos
Veteran

I'm dissapointed too, but there was no a Mi-24P being shown on a preview video? I cannot remember the video, think it was Yak-53 or L-39.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:29 PM   #365
Kobza

I understand some of us are disappointed and are and have been exited about the Hind (incuding me) but i think that the latest update is no reason for beeing pessimistic.

as Stratos mentioned this "mi-24--" was mentioned by Matt Wagner on 31. December 2017 in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmRGut0lXmE

and i also found the Belsimtec Holiday Post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=199032

So what i see is that a hull of probably a Mi-24P is existing since 31.Dec.17, as well that the Holiday Post shows, that there is lot of "non visible" work is going on. For me this means that the development is more advanced than the single image of the cockpit shows.

It´ll sure take its time, not less than a year, but its worth it, cause the quality we will recive will match or outstand the mi-8 qualitiy, which for me is one of the best and my favorite.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	p.PNG
Views:	366
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	201647  
Kobza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 05:40 PM   #366
Varis

Is that AI+GUI also coming to Mi-8 and Huey then?

Interesting piece...
Old 01-08-2019, 10:40 PM   #367
[105]-Rahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytt0rak View Post
I'm an avid AH-1 guy and how long have been waiting for these? 5 years now?
Well, we've been waiting for the Hind for how long now? 10 years? I mean -if I remember correctly - it's been winter 2009, when ED showed us this:

Together with F-16 and AH-64A cockpits.
And by the way, I think, it's hilarious, how this ol' Mi-24P gunner cockpit looks way more finished, than the pilot's cockpit, the picture of we got recently. I mean, that was, like half a year, after the BlackShark 1 got released, and they had already that much 3d work done (for 3 different aicraft mind you)

Quote:
Sadly rotories are even more niche compared to fixed wings
So verry sad... because it's so very true.

Quote:
I understand EDs business choice of putting these on backburner.
Well, that depends - they still sorta got competition in the "Fast-mover departament", and they've got some serious competition in the "WWII departament", but what sort of competition do they have in the "Rotaries departament"?
* EEAH/EECH 1.16? Still alive, but with that FM - c'mon.
* ArmA2? We're talking real flight sims here.
* ToH? Died in it's infancy.
* Arma3? Well, MP coops with that ToH FM are fun, but it's still far from DCS FM and the DM is second to none - good luck trying to autorotate those birds! And I won't even get into the "choice" BIS with those fantasy whirlys, they put there, but let me just say this - if the Comanche is the closest to R/L thing, you get in your game, then how realistic the game really is?
* CombatHelo? Dead before even got finished.
* XP 10/11? OK, this one has some serious strong points, and Mins' Mi-2 is really awesome, but still it's a civvie-aircraft sim, so no real competition. I mean, it's the type of sim worth having as a complement and not an alternative to DCS.
* FSX/PED? Again: c'mon - it's a civvie again, plus aside from some notable mentions (namely Dodo's 206 and few HTR-modded models), helicopters in there fly no more realisticly, than in ArmA2.
* Aaaaand I think that's about it.
What I'm trying to say here, is that even though rotorcraft essentially are a niche within a niche, there's no real competition to dilude the potential customer base and divert it from ED. DCS essentialy has the very best helicopter modelling ever, period. Gazelle, UH-1, even the Mi-8 and Ka-50 may not have been wise choices from the marketing point of view, but let them release something popular with 'the crowd', like the Hind, Cobra, Apache or Havoc, and I'm pretty shure, the money will flow. I mean Hind, or even Apache may not generate more income, than the Bug, or the upcoming Falcon, but based on it's popularity, I think, it will generate enough buck, to be considered serious and profitable investment. Would be even more so, if ED and BST had chosen Mi-24V, insted of "P" and AH-1T or "W", instead of "F", but still I magine those birds will sell nicely.

Last edited by [105]-Rahon; 01-08-2019 at 10:43 PM.
[105]-Rahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 02:52 AM   #368
sniperwolfpk5

Quote:
Originally Posted by [105]-Rahon View Post
Well, we've been waiting for the Hind for how long now? 10 years? I mean -if I remember correctly - it's been winter 2009, when ED showed us this:

And by the way, I think, it's hilarious, how this ol' Mi-24P gunner cockpit looks way more finished, than the pilot's cockpit, the picture of we got recently. I mean, that was, like half a year, after the BlackShark 1 got released, and they had already that much 3d work done (for 3 different aicraft mind you)

So verry sad... because it's so very true.

Well, that depends - they still sorta got competition in the "Fast-mover departament", and they've got some serious competition in the "WWII departament", but what sort of competition do they have in the "Rotaries departament"?
* EEAH/EECH 1.16? Still alive, but with that FM - c'mon.
* ArmA2? We're talking real flight sims here.
* ToH? Died in it's infancy.
* Arma3? Well, MP coops with that ToH FM are fun, but it's still far from DCS FM and the DM is second to none - good luck trying to autorotate those birds! And I won't even get into the "choice" BIS with those fantasy whirlys, they put there, but let me just say this - if the Comanche is the closest to R/L thing, you get in your game, then how realistic the game really is?
* CombatHelo? Dead before even got finished.
* XP 10/11? OK, this one has some serious strong points, and Mins' Mi-2 is really awesome, but still it's a civvie-aircraft sim, so no real competition. I mean, it's the type of sim worth having as a complement and not an alternative to DCS.
* FSX/PED? Again: c'mon - it's a civvie again, plus aside from some notable mentions (namely Dodo's 206 and few HTR-modded models), helicopters in there fly no more realisticly, than in ArmA2.
* Aaaaand I think that's about it.
What I'm trying to say here, is that even though rotorcraft essentially are a niche within a niche, there's no real competition to dilude the potential customer base and divert it from ED. DCS essentialy has the very best helicopter modelling ever, period. Gazelle, UH-1, even the Mi-8 and Ka-50 may not have been wise choices from the marketing point of view, but let them release something popular with 'the crowd', like the Hind, Cobra, Apache or Havoc, and I'm pretty shure, the money will flow. I mean Hind, or even Apache may not generate more income, than the Bug, or the upcoming Falcon, but based on it's popularity, I think, it will generate enough buck, to be considered serious and profitable investment. Would be even more so, if ED and BST had chosen Mi-24V, insted of "P" and AH-1T or "W", instead of "F", but still I magine those birds will sell nicely.
+1 Well you sniped the problem very nicely .

English is not my native language

sniperwolfpk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 01:01 PM   #369
[105]-Rahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by [105]-Rahon View Post

Now this really IS hilarious! I found Wags' post with the aforementioned Hind cockpit:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=343
Notice the date - July 2008. This not only makes it already 10 years old, but allso it's been posted 3 months BEFORE DCS BS1 got even released! To rephrase the catchphrase from Jurassic Park trailer: A helicopter 10 years in the making.
Maybe they want to meet the time of development of the real Mi-24? Man! That's some serious approach to realism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperwolfpk5 View Post
+1 Well you sniped the problem very nicely .
Thanks, mate!

Last edited by [105]-Rahon; 01-09-2019 at 01:17 PM.
[105]-Rahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:30 AM   #370
Razorback

Chizh has announced on the russian forum that the AH-1 is not planned for 2019.
I hope that it will not be the same announcement for the Mi-24... If they really don't want to forget their rotor-heads (but all is subject to change, we know it's only planning !!!)...

Now only two RW projects seem to be still ongoing :
- The BO-105 & the Mi-24 Hind

Last edited by Razorback; 01-13-2019 at 12:12 PM.
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote