DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion - Page 33 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-27-2018, 12:42 AM   #321
Varis

I honestly was expecting the Mi-24 to fly before midsummer(*. Now the clouds are gathering and there are many doubts

Maybe we reads too much into one statement. I certainly appreciate them informing us - bad news that come early are better than ones that come late to a community with lots of expectations.

It's difficult to speculate on modules when there are many unknowns like possible problems with partners and ED developers. Not to mention commercial priorities. I don't think we'll see F-16 for a while, ED must see it as a major module like the hornet. Cobra I believe is not high priority either - who knows. The Mi-24 is more famous I would think.

I'm too much an optimist when it comes to DCS.

*) Talking of midsummer 2019 here. (EDIT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback View Post
Let's go forward with the same passion :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7R8rvDMZ8o

Best regards from Belgium,
Chris
Thanks for lifting up the mood

Last edited by Varis; 11-27-2018 at 10:10 PM.
Varis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 08:10 PM   #322
BeastyBaiter

You weren't the only one thinking the hind might come this year. I figured it would given BST's usual release pattern. Hopefully we see it in 2019. An updated Ka-50 is nice, but I'm bored with it after 10 years, need something different. I'm also bored with US fixed wing...
BeastyBaiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 05:16 PM   #323
Alpenwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastyBaiter View Post
... I'm also bored with US fixed wing...
There aren't much russian planes we can get any more. Maybe the Su-17. Maybe the Su-24 (can't imagine this one gets ever made. Maybe in 20 years if retired). The rest is probably classified or hard to get licence for.

The MiG-19 is coming soon. After that work on the MiG-23 will start immediately (confirmed by RAZBAM). The Mi-24 is being developed. That's it. Nothing else on the russian side. Maybe the MiG-27 once we have the MiG-23.

Only WWll russian planes remain and maybe very old helicopters; Mi-2, Mi-4 and Mi-6.

Cold War 1947 - 1991
Helicopters Tournaments
You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com
Alpenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:24 AM   #324
Razorback

In another post, Silver Dragon is announcing the Mi-24 for 2020....just an expectation, not confirmed.
I am curious to see the ED projects planned for 2019.
Maybe we will get more news in their last Weekend news of 2018 or in the first one of 2019.
Let us cross our fingers and hope that that is so...

Hard to translate (Bengali)but a nice video on russian helicopters and Mi-24/35 in particular:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kubLh1-IJX4
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:40 AM   #325
schroedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpenwolf View Post
There aren't much russian planes we can get any more. Maybe the Su-17. Maybe the Su-24 (can't imagine this one gets ever made. Maybe in 20 years if retired). The rest is probably classified or hard to get licence for.

The MiG-19 is coming soon. After that work on the MiG-23 will start immediately (confirmed by RAZBAM). The Mi-24 is being developed. That's it. Nothing else on the russian side. Maybe the MiG-27 once we have the MiG-23.

Only WWll russian planes remain and maybe very old helicopters; Mi-2, Mi-4 and Mi-6.
I don't think that's it for russian planes.
Especially in the 70s and early 80s there were quite a number of different airframes in soviet service, which I am sure aren't classified anymore like the Su-15, Yak-28, Tu-128, Yak-38, MiG-25, maybe a Tu-16 or Tu-22 Blinder (no Backfire). Speaking of helos you are right, there aren't many different types in soviet service.
schroedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 12:00 PM   #326
Holton181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback View Post
In another post, Silver Dragon is announcing the Mi-24 for 2020....just an expectation, not confirmed.
I am curious to see the ED projects planned for 2019.
If they are postponing the Mi-24 (I think I can use that word since they have worked on it for some time already what I understand), my hope and wish is that they postpone all new content equally, including third party modules, to release resources to iron out all those quirks we have with the base game, like deferred shading, AI behavior and the like, and with all those modules currently in eternal early release.
It's starting to get tiresome and I think their reputation is starting to decline cause of it.
i7-3820 3.60GHz
P9X79 Pro
32GB
GTX 670 2GB
VG278H + a Dell
PFT Lynx
TrackIR 5
Holton181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 12:11 PM   #327
thrustvector

+1, totally agree, yes its nice to have new shinys, but everything has bugs, just concentrate on what we have and fix a lot of it please. lets have finished stuff not more E.A
thrustvector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 01:31 PM   #328
Alpenwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by schroedi View Post
I don't think that's it for russian planes.
Especially in the 70s and early 80s there were quite a number of different airframes in soviet service, which I am sure aren't classified anymore like the Su-15, Yak-28, Tu-128, Yak-38, MiG-25, maybe a Tu-16 or Tu-22 Blinder (no Backfire). Speaking of helos you are right, there aren't many different types in soviet service.
Most of these are very old interceptors. I love russian planes, no doubt about it, but receiving old stuff mainly, while Blue is having all them modern planes is just unbalancing things for at least the multiplayer part of DCS. Still, I wouldn't mind almost any russian plane/helicopter. The next russian plane should be a striker! We need that evetually. The Su-25 is a beast, but not clickable. And I love playing with them switches and buttons

Cold War 1947 - 1991
Helicopters Tournaments
You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com
Old 12-09-2018, 03:00 AM   #329
Varis

There's room to expand left and right, especially the 60's and 70's I think would rock in DCS. And it's not Soviet only. Just look in the threads where it's not off topic
Old 12-17-2018, 08:15 AM   #330
Alpenwolf

... and of course the Mil Mi-12 Homer what a beast! Just imagine flying your Mi-24 or Ka-50 or whatever in close formation with that thing.

Cold War 1947 - 1991
Helicopters Tournaments