DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion - Page 28 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-22-2018, 03:38 AM   #271
CajunJosh

Maybe I'm the only one but I really hope the Mi24 gets here sooner than later so they can move onto the next helo modules. I'm sure the Mi24 will b ea great helicopter to fly and I'm looking forward to learning it but I would love to know what's next after the Mi24 and hope we might someday see a Cobra or some other twin engine american helicopter like the Seahawk.
CajunJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 06:32 PM   #272
Razorback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunJosh View Post
Maybe I'm the only one but I really hope the Mi24 gets here sooner than later so they can move onto the next helo modules. I'm sure the Mi24 will b ea great helicopter to fly and I'm looking forward to learning it but I would love to know what's next after the Mi24 and hope we might someday see a Cobra or some other twin engine american helicopter like the Seahawk.
After the Mi-24 (because as we know, the Hind has the priority), the next helo module should be the AH-1 Cobra...BO-105 is also expected...No relevant info regarding other RW.
But don't expect the Cobra in the coming months...I am afraid as you, that the Mi-24 gets here later than sooner...
Take a look on my previous posts....
Let's wait and continue to hope for some good news before end of 2018...
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:31 AM   #273
keltos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback View Post
Fixed gun is maybe the easiest solution for a dual pilot helicopter...for the moment.
The Pilot can flight and fire with guns and rockets.
The gunmen can manage only the anti-tank missile...
I can live with it...

But before asking for different versions...let's wait for a FIRST real annoucement on the status of the project...Which is still on but maybe still far away from a BETA version...

And there is no one more impatient than me on the release of the "Majestic" Mi-24 HIND ..
well there's me !!
keltos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:28 PM   #274
MrDieing
DCS Ground Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltos View Post
well there's me !!

No, just no. There is nobody more excited for the Hind then Razorback. Trust me, we all know him around here. The guy lives Hind, breathes Hind and has Hind for breakfast.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:36 PM   #275
Alpenwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback View Post
...BO-105 is also expected...
That's been the case for years, now, just saying. Not trolling. Besides, it's got nothing to do with Belsimtek/ED.
Alpenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 03:01 PM   #276
Razorback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpenwolf View Post
That's been the case for years, now, just saying. Not trolling. Besides, it's got nothing to do with Belsimtek/ED.

Nearly the same for the Mi-24P...Thankfully not years but yes more than one year!
Who knows, maybe next Friday for some fresh news ? Hahahaha
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 10:43 AM   #277
Maverick24

Hi again...

I was silent for couple of monts, but now I cant hold my hands .

I simply dont understand. I think us, Hind lovers, are not only a few. How could be a such a monster problem to face a comunity questions and give us at least some answers? The last info about Hind is from December 2017. Last comunication from BST was 1st June 2018. I know they are part od ED now, but still. In every second post from ED are questions about Hind and we have nothing. If anyone step up and say Yes, we are working on it, we have 3D model and base of cockpits, now it looks like this (picture) but now we are have some problems with this and this and we have to develop this and this and we expecting beta around autumn 2019. I would not say a word. Comunity would be pleased for some information and stay still.

BST comunication to fans was not the best for all the time, but it was at least some. I really hoped, that this will be change a little after they become a part of ED. ED should inform comunity about their upcoming projects.

Phantom fans are in the same situation, but they saw at least a few pictures of F4. We have litterally nothing to look for.

I know that this cry not helping anything and in 30 minutes I will go to make some tea and fire up Hip but...my father is a Hind and Hip pilot and I love to talk about flying and systems Mi-8 in DCS with him. He shares it with me much as he can and I am simply sad and to excited to possibility of Hind in DCS and we have still nothing for years.

Who flyes helicopters in P3D knows, that best helicopter for P3D is Dodosim 206 and know they are working on improved HD version of 206. There are a forum and developer is in touch with fans and give them some feedback from developing. Why we cannot have something similar?

I dont mean this offensive, I really appreiated they work on Mi-8 and F18 (which I am not interested in much) or other modules, but we are here too.

I am sorry for long text but I have to get it out - and you could understand me.

Jiri
Maverick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 04:02 PM   #278
Alpenwolf

+1 Maverick24

I can totally understand you, buddy.

I don't get it with this exaggerated secrecy either. I mean, they have announced working on the Hind, so why disappear so quickly and not say a word any more? Is it for keeping the excitement so high? The excitement doesn't go away with that, in my opinion. RAZBAM is currently working on the MiG-19. Any questions posted are answered immediately. They post WIP images of the MiG-19, detailed answers regarding some specifications of the module to clarify things for the readers, etc. They keep us very well informed. Many posts are for expressing gratitude for posting enough information for all of us to see. I can't imagine where the harm in doing that, so this whole secrecy turns into a tiny frustration.

I hope we get some clarification. I mean, at least on why being so secretive for starters.

Just for the record, when a helicopter is being developed, I always hope it's Belsimtek to do it!

S!
Alpenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 04:10 PM   #279
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon

Well, Belsimtek, historically, has a record about not sharing almost any info during the development process, but holding it until the module is almost ready for release.

I know this is not the most favoured approach for the community but is the way Belsimtek is managing his stuff.

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860-GTX 1060 KFA2- 6G RAM-1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4
Esac_mirmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 04:13 PM   #280
rrohde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpenwolf View Post
I mean, they have announced working on the Hind, so why disappear so quickly and not say a word any more? S!
This announcement you're referring to was made while Belsimtek was still a stand-alone, 3rd party studio; they have since merged with Eagle Dynamics, and I guess with ED at the helm the prioritization of modules has changed.

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.0GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | 32GB DDR4 RAM | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit
Glear: HP Reverb | Jetseat 908 | Monstertech MTX Sim Rig | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG PRO (center mount) | VKB Gunfighter Mk.II /w SCG-R Premium (side mount for DCS F-16)
rrohde is offline   Reply With Quote