• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Saved Games\DCS\Config\autoexec.cfg

options.graphics.maxfps = 35

I havent here this cfg. Did You create it?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

This mod is awesome! Thank you!

Most time i fight ground Targets, the mod looks beautiful but its really hard to spot Targets.

---

I installed the 2.4 only...

should i install 2.0 first and then pach 2.4 ???

---

ok i have overwrite 2.0 with 2.4 and i think it works better now.

Edited by Jafferson

This mod is awesome! Thank you!

Most time i fight ground Targets, the mod looks beautiful but its really hard to spot Targets.

---

I installed the 2.4 only...

should i install 2.0 first and then pach 2.4 ???

---

ok i have overwrite 2.0 with 2.4 and i think it works better now.

no need to run 2.0 , it's standalone version so actually you're running 2.5 as the 2.4 zip file contains the 2.5 version .

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

This mod looks great, except I can't see snow on Elbrus even during winter. Is it supposed to be like that?

Also, I get a red integrity check because of config/effects/shadows.lua. Why is it there? It appears to be exactly the same as the default file to me

Edited by Hyperion101

Starways Stability

I am considering of trying out the Starways terrain replacement for World 1.5.x. I understand the way to do it is via JSGME. Are both of the Starways and JSGME safe to use with DCS?

Especially for the Starways, does it or will it cause any stability issue to the original DCS World install? That is a primary consideration I am concerned about.

Any advice much appreciated.

JSGME is a fantastic tool as long as you're willing to be conscious about disabling mods when you update DCS; you can get yourself into trouble otherwise but it's nothing a 5-minute DCS repair and redownloading your mods (or copying over from a backup) won't fix most of the time.

All it does essentially is shuffle files back and forth. JSGME mods contain an identical directory structure to DCS. JSGME just looks for files with the same name, backs them up, then copies over the modded files from your installation folder. When you disable mods, it restores the backups. You can get into trouble if you run a patch that overwrites a mod; now, when you disable that mod you are restoring pre-patch backups and have a weirdo mixed DCS version and a broken mod.

Stability is a non-issue, but the way Starway's is packaged it will cause you to fail the integrity check on MP servers. You can easily correct this by copying the vanilla shadows.lua over the one in the Starway's mod. If that sounds like too much of a hassle, check out Barthek's mod or "Barway's" a mixture of the two. You may also notice a slight decrease in performance depending on your system due to the higher resolution textures.

Thanks for the helpful info. Will certainly consider adopting it.

If you need any help setting up JSGMe then PM me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

I had no idea there even was such a thing as downloadable scenery replacement and such like in FSX. Those screenshots look terrific and I'm curious to try this.

Has anyone used this scenery in VR with an Oculus or Vive? Do you think it would kill the FPS too much to be viable in VR? How much of an FPS hit does this terrain seem to cost you guys, in your opinion? A lot or just a little?

I had no idea there even was such a thing as downloadable scenery replacement and such like in FSX. Those screenshots look terrific and I'm curious to try this.

Has anyone used this scenery in VR with an Oculus or Vive? Do you think it would kill the FPS too much to be viable in VR? How much of an FPS hit does this terrain seem to cost you guys, in your opinion? A lot or just a little?

Try it! If FPS is an issue with Starways try Mustangs texture pack. You may even see an FPS boost. Also suggest JGSME (I think).

Good luck.

Sent from my A1-860 using Tapatalk

Is there any changes to smoke, explosions and trails in this mod so far or is this planed updates for the future?

I just donated :) Looking for som natural smoke and explosins but cant find much detailed intel surrounding the Starways mod, not even on the wordpress page :/

• 1 month later...
Is there any changes to smoke, explosions and trails in this mod so far or is this planed updates for the future?

I just donated :) Looking for som natural smoke and explosins but cant find much detailed intel surrounding the Starways mod, not even on the wordpress page :/

It is very easy to take the effect you are talking about from Mustang's ground textures mod and use it with Starways.

Failure is the mother of all success.

How are the effects different with mustang's mod if you don't mind me asking, any examples?

Starway doesn't change smoke and fire effect.

Mustang's smoke trails from burning vehicles is random. Sometimes it's longer in length other times shorter. Makes it a bit better looking and easier to spot areas where vehicles have already been destroyed.

This is Starways textures with Mustang's smoke effects.

Screen_170309_112048.jpg

Screen_170309_111631.jpg

Starway without smoke mod

Screen_170130_230501.jpg

Failure is the mother of all success.

• 1 month later...