External Internet Radio Connection

zaelu

So I had first the idea and asked for it in SRS thread, Ciribob answered but, it's basically not what I had in mind and probably out of his interest.

But, I think is still interesting and maybe someone with a lot more knowledge than me and my lazy friends can do it or maybe even ED could pick this idea up and introduce it into their own ingame VOIP solution

So here it is. This External Internet Radio Connection should cover 2 cases:

1. The mission creator wants to introduce some music or sound over some radio or as an ambient but for several reasons is not practical or it's not having the desired results.

Let me give you some examples:

example A. You want a Vietnam era mission and you want to have some radios over the waves that broadcast Vietnam era music... Now... some of the music might not be realistic but it just creates the atmosphere in game now. So you take a bunch of tracks and make them ogg and... you get two problems.:

-You don't own the digital rights to redistribute the music

-You don't care but you still end up with 500MB mission file

Solution.

Have a magic script that simply connects your trigger with a fixed URL say Spotify or youtube etc and when the mission starts that URL is accessed and virtually played back (basically the running time is counted) and when the pilot switches his radio to the specified frequency in his chopper... VOILA! you get some nice 60-70s era music. If you have internet connection etc etc...

2. The mission creator wants that the player(s) have a virtual connection with an internet radio station like http://radiomap.eu/ or http://radio.garden/ by which the player GPS position and radio frequency selected in game are matched with the corresponding frequency possible to pick up from that real GPS position.

IE

example B. You fly near Sochi in Caucasus map in your Huey and you switch on your FM radio or what not, tune your frequency and presto... you get the Maks Sochi Radio.

Same magic script makes this possible.

3. The mission can be focused on flying realistically approaches etc and you just want to hear the ATC from area so...

example C Mission has scripted connection with https://www.liveatc.net/ and you pick up the tower you need by selecting the corect frequencies provided in the Briefing.

How impossible is this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Thank you very much for that! I will have to find a sunny day to see how to do it :) .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least