Helicopters and civilian ops project

Multiplayer team

How do I enter the server? I cannot find it on the "Multiplayer" servers list. When I try to "Connect by IP", the server is reported to be offline.

A comrade of the squadron had the same problem the other day while trying to connect to my local server. Others did not have any issues connecting by IP.

Any clue about how to fix this?:helpsmilie:

The server was not listed for him also.

EDITED: After installing Open Beta, the server was visible in the list and all worked fine. :]

Edited by Grajo

I have been using the server for couple weeks and really enjoy it.

One thing I noticed recently is that communication menu works only while on surface and not on air. Am I doing something wrong?

You need to map a key to Player Radio or something (its under Cyclic in the controls menu). That will bring it up. You can't access any of the radio commands without it.

Flew last night with two mates, with two of us taking Mi8s. So much fun and I ended up having to play airborne FAC to help him get his Mi8 in between trees. Would be good to see car accidents etc where we have to land on roads.

What would be an EXCELLENT addon (if possible) would be this:

Fires everywhere and the ability to drop water!

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

Hi I would like to report a bug about the radio menu:

Somehow after picking up 4 units in a forest area, Radiomenu custom options disappeared.

Basically any interaction with the mission was removed for me at that point as I was unable to deploy units back in the hospital. Noticed also that I was not receiving any message anymore and that smoke was not being activated for any mission to me. Try to switch over radios in Mi-8 but did not do the trick. (Seems that maybe for Huey's does the trick somehow).

After choosing a new slot, all went back to normal. Thanks :]

Yes interesting indeed. Also, given this also includes civil ops, are we able to get other civil ops like VIP transfers etc?

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

how can you guys play with such lousy fps in 2.5.6?

Basically, since 2.5.6 Open Beta started:

-Reduced Screen Resolution...

-Less Anisotropic filter

-Removed completely Antialiasing

-Cockpit Res to 512

-Sometimes... set Terrain textures to Low (This one is the hardest choice...)

I remember when 2.5.5 came I started to play DCS again. My laptop was able to move everything much better than before, a great look and performance improvement overall, and new Caucasus, (still amazing map) That was the greatest DCS update in History as far as I can recall.

I hope by the time DCS goes to 2.5.6 Stable, that performance boost of 2.5.5 comes back :music_whistling:

I really like the concept very much, and i hope you all build upon this.

I would like to see in a possible future a bit more weather difference(bad weather), night ops, more powerful gusts\wind and VHF FM navigation to rescuees (for us Huey fanatics).

But all in all, good mission!

EDIT: And slingloads, yes, slingloads!

Norwegian Rotorhead w\ All Helicopters

Watercooled AMD FX-8350 | Geforce 1060 6GB | 16 GiG DDR3 | Warthog Everything w/ pendulum pedals | Rift VR

Watercooled AMD Ryzen 9500X | RTX 3080 12GB | 64 GB DDR4 3600mhz | Warthog Everything w/Pendulum Pedals | Rift VR (CV1)

I know this is a No MODS server so far, at least concern about the integrity check.

When sling loading ops are added it would be great you consider upuaut's cargo object addon, located in the Statick Object folder of the download.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=124251

It would be epic to see other Helicopters lifting an Uaz car or Humvee, Antenna, Sandbags, or workers and red cross campaign house models. This mod is very popular in the community and does not break integrity check :smilewink:, not even mod tool needed to install, placing it inside the Savegames Mod tech folder does the trick. It works as an asset pack.

Hope you consider this in the future, and of course, and again :] ... Thanks for the server as it is so far :thumbup:

how can you guys play with such lousy fps in 2.5.6?

I have a crappy system but it runs fine on this server (primarily because there's not a lot of AI, etc).

I would though love to see a lot more of accidents, etc in the middle of the towns/cities rather than just purely trying to hover over large forests

Also this mod (ref above) https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=124251 is bloody awesome - adding oil rigs, landing platforms, etc.

This is most fun I've had in DCS multiplayer. A really good balance of relaxed flying and tense moments. Thanks for this outstanding work.

I know you get a lot of requests, but I would really love to fix up the deadly "spawn on top of your buddy" locations. It would be just a treat if a two-ship rescue team could spawn, crank and lift together.

Cheers.

I just did. Currently my preferred waste of time in dcs is flying without combat, so this fits my bill pretty well. Great fps (as the only player on the server).

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Me2. :thumbup:

I am very positively impressed.:thumbup:

But I miss something in the briefing.

Universal Comms (for SRS)

Farp Comms.

ADF or Homing beacons.

Different Weather

And last but not least a Discord Server.

If u need any help don´t be shy.:smartass:

1453079174_DCS2020-05-1417-38-26.thumb.png.0c1d1f221edf5510cab6da3e45b53048.png

Just discovered this server and I love it. After spending 20 hours in there, My wish list would be the following: (however I have no idea what is possible due to the ed scripting and what isn't.)

1. Changeable weather (lets mix things up a bit) we like a challenge

2. Use of the Adf to locate downed pilots etc

3. Distance changed to nautical miles like the map and rope length to feet (maybe I'm old school)

4. Use of water buckets/ sling loads for (fire department role)

5. A way of claiming a job your heading towards. Pains me when someone else turns up and starts to load the other passengers so you can't complete the pick up.

6. Is there anyway to spice up the types of rescues e.g car accident , train wrecks, building fires. Generally anything other than the typical soldiers stood in a field/under a tree. Is it me or do these soldiers always pick the tallest tree to stand under.

7. More info on the opening screen regarding on guard frequency via Srs as I think it's lost on many pilots and who wants to use discord when you have that.

8. Combat rescue zone where you can be shot at and the capability of working as a team to complete a mission.

9. Use of all skins as they are very limited

Having said all that, I love the work you have done and you are only reason I go on multiplayer, which is most days.

Keep up the great work guys and a I hope my feedback has helped.

Snifflepiffler

Huey Driver

Edited by anthonyw

Just discovered this server and I love it. After spending 20 hours in there, My wish list would be the following: (however I have no idea what is possible due to the ed scripting and what isn't.)

1. Changeable weather (lets mix things up a bit) we like a challenge

2. Use of the Adf to locate downed pilots etc

3. Distance changed to nautical miles like the map and rope length to feet (maybe I'm old school)

4. Use of water buckets/ sling loads for (fire department role)

5. A way of claiming a job your heading towards. Pains me when someone else turns up and starts to load the other passengers so you can't complete the pick up.

6. Is there anyway to spice up the types of rescues e.g car accident , train wrecks, building fires. Generally anything other than the typical soldiers stood in a field/under a tree. Is it me or do these soldiers always pick the tallest tree to stand under.

7. More info on the opening screen regarding on guard frequency via Srs as I think it's lost on many pilots and who wants to use discord when you have that.

8. Combat rescue zone where you can be shot at and the capability of working as a team to complete a mission.

9. Use of all skins as they are very limited

Having said all that, I love the work you have done and you are only reason I go on multiplayer, which is most days.

Keep up the great work guys and a I hope my feedback has helped.

Snifflepiffler

Huey Driver

Hi!

Currently we are working on slingloading operations code.

We've started with implementing features and testing them on online server, when all features mechanics will be working as intended we will combine them into single environment. We had all these ideas and more, but on practice we are not moving fast yet. No one guesses limited conflict zone thought yet, you are first. The thing we will have I hope is zone where you will receive loadout if cleared to do rescue ops there, but you will be endangered there, we would need to tie that to server economy so it would be some kind of end game.

Near term we will update different weather variations and include slingload ops and we would need you guys to fly it and give more feedback. Thank you for being involved!