CombatFlite -- a flight planning tool - Page 39 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-14-2018, 07:45 AM   #381
Khamul

Viper, awesome app!!! Please provide a paypal donation link, you deserve at least a beer!!

Asrock Fatak1ty Gaming K6+, i5-6600K, 16 GB DDR4, Nvidia GTX 660 OC II, SSD 256GB, HDD 1TB, Win 10 x64, Monitor LG Ultrawide 29UM67, Soundblaster Z+Sennheiser Game One, Saitek X52, TrackIr

The Werewolves Site - The Werewolves Forum
Khamul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:55 AM   #382
Rivvern

Just to help others. Got this error when i was installing. The fix was to install the latest Visual Studio 2017 - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...al-c-downloads

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'NETGeographic.dll' or one of its dependencies. Det går inte att hitta den angivna modulen.
File name: 'NETGeographic.dll'
   at wd1.formFP.GetDeclination(Geographic point, DateTime date)
   at wd1.formFP.picMap_Paint(Object sender, PaintEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.PictureBox.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs pe)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

We are looking for Swedish members!
www.masterarms.se
Rivvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 01:50 PM   #383
sharkfin61

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmanGIV View Post
I love this utility!! Can't thank you enough.
Probably a user error.. but when I export the CF file to MIZ file.. DCS doesn't see it. Compared to other missions.. the file seems a bit large. Example: most missions I have are anywhere from 7 to 128 KB. and the MIZ file that was generated by Combatflite weighs in at 2780 KB.
Did I miss a step?

Happened to me the first time, also. Then I tried to export the miz file into the proposed directory (X:\documents\CombatFlite\ ). In game, I opened the miz file with the mission editor and saved it again (without altering) in the "My Missions".
Now I could find it /run it also from in game "Missions".

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Spoiler:
i5 6600k@4,3 GHz~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ ASUS Z170 Gaming Pro MB ~ 32 GB DDR-4 3000 Rip-Jaws V ~ Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB SSD + 840 EVO 240GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB HDD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ 43" Philips 4k-UHD TV ~ DelanClip Pointtracker @ TrackIR 4 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 3 TM MFDs on 2nd 24"display ~

Last edited by sharkfin61; 09-14-2018 at 01:51 PM. Reason: grammar
sharkfin61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 04:02 PM   #384
Wood

First thing. THANK YOU for this incredible addition. Simply amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkfin61 View Post
Happened to me the first time, also. Then I tried to export the miz file into the proposed directory (X:\documents\CombatFlite\ ). In game, I opened the miz file with the mission editor and saved it again (without altering) in the "My Missions".
Now I could find it /run it also from in game "Missions".

Interesting.. So if I may ask guys is it essential to when exporting the mission edited from CF to save it through the mission editor. The reason why I ask is because when loading the mission the only aircraft I see are AI aircraft and no client A/C listed. If this makes any sense.

Wood
Old 09-14-2018, 05:16 PM   #385
SageOT

So ME question but applies to CF..

Does DCS still bug out if in MP there is more than one "client" aircraft in a group? I normally set each client to a single group. However if I want to start using CF it auto-assigns, 11, 12, 13 ect. Which means if a single client group is used they're going to be say.. Dodge 11, 21, 31, 41, in the ME and I would have to go back and rename each one...

If it's not buggy anymore I'll use CF and the 4 client planes per group.

Thanks,

Sage
Old 09-14-2018, 09:54 PM   #386
Sierra99
Campaign Testers

Ok...

First, Home Run Viper! You set the standard for a payeare app and it’s free.

The question I have is this...when building a mission in CF...When I create an AAR orbit and route a flight to it...does it set all of the required ME settings or do I need to connect the flight to the orbit?

(Not sure if wording it that way makes it clearer or not)

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970, Windows 10-64 bit, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Cougar MFDs, Saitek Rudder pedals and TrackIR 5.
Sierra99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:38 PM   #387
Viper39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra99 View Post
Ok...

First, Home Run Viper! You set the standard for a payeare app and it’s free.

The question I have is this...when building a mission in CF...When I create an AAR orbit and route a flight to it...does it set all of the required ME settings or do I need to connect the flight to the orbit?

(Not sure if wording it that way makes it clearer or not)
If you create an AAR orbit and snap waypoints of your flight to its anchor points, it will do the ME settings for you.

Namely, it will add the refueling advanced waypoint action and orbit action with a duration based on how many aircraft you have in the flight. If it's a tanker, then it'll add tanker action instead of refueling, and a much longer duration for the orbit action.

Works similarly for other types of orbits as well. (And for most types of ref points too.)

CombatFlite.com |
Twitter @CombatFlite | YouTube Channel
Viper39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:49 PM   #388
Sierra99
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper39 View Post
If you create an AAR orbit and snap waypoints of your flight to its anchor points, it will do the ME settings for you.
Just...damn. Well done sir.

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970, Windows 10-64 bit, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Cougar MFDs, Saitek Rudder pedals and TrackIR 5.
Sierra99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:53 PM   #389
USSInchon

Viper I have to say this is an outstanding piece of software, thank you so very much for making this for the community.

I am having a bit of a problem exporting a miz to DCS, it keeps returning the following error:
Spoiler:
************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at wd1.formFP.DCS_PlaneHeloGroup(Route f, Int32 groupID, Int32 overallGroupID, Boolean write_groupID)
at wd1.formFP.<>c__DisplayClass409_7.<ExportDCS>b__25(Route q)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
at wd1.formFP.<>c__DisplayClass409_0.<ExportDCS>b__19(String cntry)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
at wd1.formFP.ExportDCS()
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.RibbonItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.RibbonButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.RibbonMouseSensor.Control_MouseClick(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Ribbon.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Any help would be appreciated.
USSInchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 11:04 PM   #390
Angus

Awesome Job Viper !

There is still a small problem that spoils the pleasure of use.
I do not understand why, but it seems that if there are too many flights on the map, the file miz weighs heavy in ko (7500ko). When this is the case DCS does not support it, the mission does not appear in the list of the mission editor ... The export of the mission on DCS does not work. it's really stupid, because with Combat Flite you can really set up all the aerial part of a mission with an accuracy and an impressive quality of briefing! (Kneeboard, reconnaissance photos, flight plans, data card .. .. wahoooo)

I sent you an email containing links google drive with the files of the mission in progress
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Combat Flite.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	616.4 KB
ID:	194011  

Last edited by Angus; 09-14-2018 at 11:07 PM.
Angus is offline   Reply With Quote