Cold War 1947 - 1991 - Page 28 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-14-2018, 08:16 AM   #271
Jonne

Just to throw in another point for consideration: The BK90 is a late 80's weapon, so might not really fit into the current F-5E vs. MiG-21bis setting.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:19 AM   #272
SwedishWaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonne View Post
Just to throw in another point for consideration: The BK90 is a late 80's weapon, so might not really fit into the current F-5E vs. MiG-21bis setting.
Actually It's a mid -90s weapon but so is the AJS37, so it shouldn't even be on the cold war server. The same goes for the night attack harrier.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
SwedishWaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:56 AM   #273
BadHabit

LoL. The viggen is the "most" cold war aircraft in this whole set up.

My YouTube channel

SPECS
-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz
-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P
-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g
-16 GB RAM
-Saitek X 52
-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led
BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:42 AM   #274
carss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishWaffle View Post
Actually It's a mid -90s weapon but so is the AJS37, so it shouldn't even be on the cold war server. The same goes for the night attack harrier.

We're just going to have to wait till more cold war planes come out. I see the Viggen more as a Phantom substitute. I feel once the Phantom comes in the Viggen will be replaced

There is nothing more beautiful than a little Sabre Dance
carss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 01:01 PM   #275
Alpenwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by carss View Post
We're just going to have to wait till more cold war planes come out. I see the Viggen more as a Phantom substitute. I feel once the Phantom comes in the Viggen will be replaced
The F-4 will replace the Harrier.
The A-10A stays.
The Viggen stays too. She's not as advanced as the Harrier version we've got. The Harrier is way too modern for the set we have here. The Viggen extends the Cold War era a bit, but not that much. I get some complaints about involving the Harrier in the missions and never anything regarding the Viggen. It's like a mutual agreement, where no one's really bothered by the Viggen.
Basically, any Cold War era plane/helicopter is most welcome. Unless the released version (like the Harrier) is way too advanced.
Remember that the main modules are still and always will be the MiG-21 and the F-5.
Alpenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 03:24 PM   #276
Jonne

With the AJS only beeing an avionics update of the AJ, I do not see any problem there anyway. If you remove the weapons (Maverick etc.) from the upgraded version you have a very near AJ 37 simulation. The harrier is a complete different case, as the performance is way above the cold war era versions. Something I only learned today after SwedishWaffles post.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM   #277
SwedishWaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonne View Post
With the AJS only beeing an avionics update of the AJ, I do not see any problem there anyway. If you remove the weapons (Maverick etc.) from the upgraded version you have a very near AJ 37 simulation. The harrier is a complete different case, as the performance is way above the cold war era versions. Something I only learned today after SwedishWaffles post.
It's not just an avionics upgrade. It also added the bk90 and rb15, as well as allowing for carrying 4 mavericks indtead of just 2, 6 sidewinders instead of just 2 (plus integration of the all aspect RB74).

SwedishWaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 03:52 PM   #278
Alpenwolf

Basically, one could argue either way and justify including one aircraft, while excluding the other one. Fair enough.

Both modules remain until the F-4 arrives. As I've said before, the F-4 will replace the Harrier.
If an inferior version of the Viggen or more likely the Draken is made, then that module will replace the Viggen.
If the Su-22 or even better the Su-24 are ever made, then the Su-25T gets replaced by either.
It's more likey to receive more western aircraft over the upcoming years. Therefore, I need to choose carefully the modules I see fit or else I end up having a weird scenario, even if fictional, plus unbalancing the odds for Red pilots.

The closer a module with its specifications to the scenario I have here, the higher the chance of it being added to the missions.
Alpenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 04:37 PM   #279
Toasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpenwolf View Post
If the Su-22 or even better the Su-24 are ever made, then the Su-25T gets replaced by either.
From my point of view, the major gap in Cold War scenario is the lack of RedFor supersonic attack aircraft. The Su-17/22 may full fill this gap, but for now no dev showed interest in this model.

RAZBAM give us a hope to see a MiG-27 in a far future... maybe 4/5 from now, who knows.

Last edited by Toasty; 09-14-2018 at 04:39 PM.
Toasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 09:09 AM   #280
Bango

Looks like this took a lot of hard work and dedication. I honesly havent flown on it since DCS was more unstable and having performance issues, and all the objects made it lag really bad. I'll have to try it again soon!