SAM list and their specifications

roob

Just made a small list with pictures and some info to help identify the effectiveness the SAM-systems since I couldn't find any such document anywhere. I bet there are others who, unlike some of you (I'm sure ;)), haven't memorized how fast every SAM-system can kill you.

So here's to you! :clown_2:

Edit: Ugh... Just remembered I downloaded the rar at the wiki made by toby23. It appearantly has pretty much the same and other data. Doh!

SAM List Small.pdf

Edited by roob
  • Like 6

My DCS stream

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Past broadcasts, Highlights

Currently too much to do... But watch and (maybe) learn something :)

Shilka's RWR icon is <A>

- not 23.

Thanks!

Took that one from the manual but come to think about it, it might've been the Lock On manual... :smartass: Happened to stumble upon it on google.

I'll make a change in the pdf of my original post.

My DCS stream

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

printing and laminating. Very good job. Thanks!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Not sure but i think the max altitudes for the tunguska is less than 19000 and the one for the tor is much more than 19000.

Thanks for pointing it out!

I took the Tunguska data from the DCS A-10C encyclopedia, but now double-checking with the internetz it says what you're saying.

According to http://www.enemyforces.net/artillery/tunguska.htm and http://defense-update.com/products/t/tor.htm the ceiling is 3 500 m (11 500 ft).

The Tor is stated to be 6000 m (19 700 ft) at both http://www.enemyforces.net/missiles/tor.htm and http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/missile/row/sa-15.htm.

As a footnote, all the data in my list might be wrong but the main purpose is to give people a clue of how lethal it is :)

I might aswell add that the DCS encyclopedia has been used to determine the ranges when possible. Otherwise it's been various military sites, mostly enemyforces.net.

Edited by roob

My DCS stream

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...As a footnote, all the data in my list might be wrong but the main purpose is to give people a clue of how lethal it is...

Therein lies the rub......:)

It's about three times as lethal as the data you are relying on: For what it's worth, the Tunguska has a ceiling of approx 30 000ft whilst the Tor has a ceiling of 36 000ft and above.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

The encyclopedia should indeed not be trusted. I did some extensive testing of ranges and max altitudes myself, se here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1319858#post1319858. Furthermore, RL data should not always be trusted for in-game operations either. Also the "tygers?" did some elaborate testing which I think is available on their home-page... Otherwise, nice work, and nice pictures... :)

Help Beczl with his DCS MiG-21Bis project

by Pre-Ordering DCS MiG-21Bis module NOW!

CLICK HERE TO GO TO PRE-ORDER PAGE AT INDIEGOGO

The encyclopedia should indeed not be trusted. I did some extensive testing of ranges and max altitudes myself, se here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1319858#post1319858. Furthermore, RL data should not always be trusted for in-game operations either. Also the "tygers?" did some elaborate testing which I think is available on their home-page... Otherwise, nice work, and nice pictures... :)

Oh nice! That'll make a nice supplement for my own needs :)

My DCS stream

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Added that Document to the Reference Documents List within the DCS Wiki Tutorial Collection for Warthog and Black Shark...good job roob and quite handy

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

That's what strategic sams are for. :)

screw you sobek...kidding...but youre sooo right...I painfully have experienced this last night again, while I was shot down by a SAM although I was on a 22.000 ft Altitude...watching the TGP and ignoring the beep beeep ....:joystick::D

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

• 4 years later...

I have an old Falcon threat guide that I thought I'd share. The awesome thing about it is that it has info on all kinds of hostile aircrafts, missiles, SAMs, and AAAs, with just about any info you need. Guidance mode, speed, min/max altitude/range, strengths and weaknesses, CM and ECM vulnerability, and appropriate offensive and defensive measures. It also specifies which aircrafts can carry which missiles so you know what to be prepared for.

It is by far the best threat guide I've come across, which is why I still use it.

f4_threat_quickguide.pdf

Edited by WHOGX5

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante