Progressive Trim & FFB

Flagrum

Noticed this today with the latest OB (2.5.0.15184.338): trimming using the trim hat only works in a small, off-center range.

With this I mean, on X and Y axis, the trim hat moves the stick only between center and about 50% deflection to the right or forward respectively. I am unable to trim a left hand bank or a nose up attitude at all.

Also try counter-acting (even a small) trim with manual stick input. You will see that something is not quite right...

If you trim to a certain position the heli will maintain a stable attitude at that position. Manually positioning the stick there will quickly get out of hands.

Edit:

It might actually be correct behaviour.

I found this thread where someone explained that SAS attitude/heading is also adjusted through trimming.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=169375&page=3

Edited by dahlgren

I can trim, using the Hat to any direction, left, right, up, and down.

Try to check your keybindings.

About the trim limit i suppose, is only a guess, that the Trim Hat authority is not for all the cyclic deflection. Every trim system i know is only acting on a % of the total deflection of the stick.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I can trim, using the Hat to any direction, left, right, up, and down.QUOTE]

But according to your sig, you are using a non-FFB joystick. I experienced the issue when using a G940 FFB stick. The centering forces move the stick, but only within the right and forward half of each axis.

Also, my key bindings are correct and actually work. I press "trim right" and the stick moves to the right. I press "trim left" and the stick moves back left - until centered. Then further "trim left" does nothing. Similar for the other axis.

Strange, mine is working on both axis but you are right, i dont have FFB hotas.

A friend of mine in my virtual Squad has a G940 and the Gazelle also. Let me ask him if the trim hat is working for him on both axis.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Looks like there are some random issues with the FFB sticks since last update. Main problem is that testers cannot reproduce them. (Even if some have FFB)

So please first make yourself sure that it's not a simple mistake on your own, then if not the case provide as many infos as you can, mods, stick, version etc etc.

Nicolas

Looks like there are some random issues with the FFB sticks since last update. Main problem is that testers cannot reproduce them. (Even if some have FFB)

So please first make yourself sure that it's not a simple mistake on your own, then if not the case provide as many infos as you can, mods, stick, version etc etc.

Nicolas

I am not sure if this issue just came up with the latest update - it just happend that I noticed it only now as the SA342 is usually grounded for the time beeing.

For the requested info: please refrer to the previous postings. But if time permits, I will experiment a bit more with FFB turned on and off and trying a different (non-ffb) stick.

Noticed this today with the latest OB (2.5.0.15184.338): trimming using the trim hat only works in a small, off-center range.

With this I mean, on X and Y axis, the trim hat moves the stick only between center and about 50% deflection to the right or forward respectively. I am unable to trim a left hand bank or a nose up attitude at all.

I'm seeing about a 'diamond' width of control indicator Trim Hat movement about the position set with the magnetic brake with my MSFFB2.

So if the Mag Brake hasn't been centered perfectly (or trim reset) the range of trim hat adjustment is offset.

The Trim Hat might need 100% force setting to work reliably due to the Gazelle's small range of motion, I know I usually have 50% force ?

Here is a short video, not sure if the trim hat range is as intended.

Tested in DCS 2.5.0.15184

Note: There is a more general issue with the Magnetic Brake and force feedback

Using the Magnetic Brake seems to set Gazelle Cyclic center = FFB offset i.e. pitch up and depress Mag Brake = level flight - I'm uploading a video ATM to explain the issue and will update this post shortly with a link.

Edited by Ramsay
Add info and videos on Magnetic Brake behaviour

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Ok, one issue at a time

First the china hat trim.

The china hat trim covers only +-10% of the total path in each direction, approx a diamond size

Here's what I experienced with my MS FFB2 :

I assigned 2 buttons at pitch up and pitch down trim at a separated device (warthog throttle) so my hand doesn't move the stick at the same time I press the buttons.

pressing the buttons I can see the stick moving erratically forward and backward, and my stick is so old that it never goes to the exact position, I have to move it with the hand and release for it to reach the planned position.

If I do the same with the china hat I don't see the stick moving in some case, I have to move it hard and release to have it at the correct position.

Conclusion, The china hat trims works, but my stick is not able to render the changes as it should.

Just what I experienced, hope you guys have a better FFB stick than me.

Edited by Pat01

Second issue, controls position : diamond or 3d stick in cockpit and 3d stick in external view

All these parts have been fixed and work correctly now for both FFB and non-FFB sticks

The external rotor movement is ok with the non-FFB stick, but for some reason is not correct with the FFB stick. As soon as one releases the magnetic brake button the rotor disk comes back to "level" instead of keeping the trimmed position. It's only a visual issue, the trim position is taken in count for dynamics.

So still this issue to look at on my side.

Broken behavior at ground has been corrected too, now you'll need to have around 45% torque before you can roll or pitch the helicopter (was the case before).

Thanks for your reports.

PS : These fixes will show in a next update.