Gazelle Weapons Expansion Mod

Thank you, it's a fun mod!

Somehow, the Hellfires don't track for me, though. I tried the x4 ones from 4000-5000 m and they deviate and hit the ground or detonate in the air. How do I use them correctly?

Hello,

Sadly the Hellfires are still limited to the same range as the Tow missiles, so best to try and hit within 4k or closer. The flight behavior can be a little odd, and we had messed with the Weapons laus to try and get them better in the past. I will tweak them some more and drop a update when I have them tuned in.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for revisiting this and putting the effort in to get it working again.

It seems the Hellfires are not working, but then again they might need some sort of laser designation which isn't modeled with the Gazelle.

On a better note I was able to tweak your file and add the TOW missle. Since it's wire guided it seems to do much better than the Hellfire. I've found that you can't just put the crosshair on the target but rather need to get a feel for how it's flying and guide it a bit more which adds to the fun of using it.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

• 3 years later...

Drop into the Gazelle core mods folder.

Allow overwrite.

Or, make a OvGME mod.

I did not think it still worked!

The Gazelle lua is locked!

But, the screens tell the tale!

Enjoy!

Screen-220129-090858.jpg

Screen-220129-090911.jpg

SA342.lua

• Thanks 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 2 weeks later...

How do I install this mod in DCSWorld 2.7 on Steam?

I tried to ad the file to "..DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\SA342" and edited the entry.lua to include "dofile(current_mod_path.."/SA342.lua")". Where do I go wrong.

image.png

Update:
I made it work by placing the file in "C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\CoreMods\aircraft\SA342" (Steam version).
The Mistral version dosent have different airmissiles.

The Vikhr missiles also doesn't work.

Edited by insop

• 1 month later...

Anyone know any info about this mod?
I managed to install, seems hellfires dont track because there is too much smoke but not 100% sure.

Are the 4x hellfire different to the 2x hellfire in anyway?

Also i wonder what is actually possible to use on the gazelle and work decently, i'll start looking on how to add and test but i didn't add weapons before so im not sure where to start.

For instance changing the WP rockets to another version on the M variant along with somewhat working anti tank missile would be perfect.

Gives me some reading this evening 😄

Appriciate any input in advance ❤️

Edited by shinobi61

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Is this still working after the last big update in June.2023, when lots of thing was changed? I am not familiar how to use mods so i really won't to spend time to figure out how to install it when it don't work anyway.

There are A couple of important things to note about using this mod you need to consider.

1) The current Gazelle Lua is locked.

No edits are possible

2) This mod, when installed correctly, with replace this lua.

However, there are consequences to doing so.

First off, you will lose any and all improvements to the code, especially the FM section.

This means she will behave as she used to, or at least, not as the new version intended.

I do not know what other systems will be affected.

All mod contents use each other to make a whole.

Change one, affect them all in some way

3) Because the Gazelle was not meant to carry these weapons in the sim,

It is missing any radar or tracking which the weapons may require to find a target.

The mod was originally created as a "What If" just to see if it would work.

To our utter surprise, it does!

One final note.

The mod was not created by me.

I only made the suggestion, and showed the missiles in sim near the pylons.

The others did all the code work for the original mod.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

O.K,  i understand now. It doesn't matter what is oficial current version of gazelle, the mod just replace it completely for some older version. And there is no way to update this mod for current official version with new FM , because now the lua file is locked.

Edited by bingbean