New VR Settings for 2.5

Wags

I think it's very individual. For me the body always looked like a small alien. Now I set it to 53 and everything looks like real world! :thumbup:

I noticed a huge difference in the mirage but I can't see any change in the A10C. I typically use 45 but I've tried from 45 to 64 and don't really notice any difference. Is it just me?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

I've recently purchased the PiMax 4K.

Compared with the other Mixed Reality 6DOF HMD, it has only 3DOF.

At the beginning I deactivated the Yaw/Pitch/Roll boxes in my TrackIR leaving the X/Y/Z to compensate this defizit. I've also done the same in DCS Axis Assignment/TrackIR, and it worked!

For unknown reasons the second day once I activated my TrackIR, I lost the Yaw/Pitch/Roll in my VR. It came back when the TrackIR was deactivated. I couldn't find a way to make it work again. Does anyone have an idea how to make it work again?

[EDIT] I've moved the first question to "DCS and Pimax" Thread.

My second question; is the zoom option deactivated in VR or am I the only one having this problem?

Edited by Biba

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

No zoom in VR "as you used to know it"

There is VR zoom option in the UI keys, it will zoom about x3 on center while pressed. Just bind it to a button and you are good.

It's not perfect, but it's something. Very useful for checking out specific points here and there. (I.e see if the runway is clear, check a little text on an instrument, identifying a boggy) but you use it far less often then you used zoom on the 2d screen.

.. Been Over this at least 5 times in the beginning of the thread..

and yet you still managed to get it wrong each time.. it is NOT IPD! that is incorrect nomenclature, and it's misleading and confusing.. it's a world scale adjustment.. and it has not a single thing to do with pupillary distance. You are adjusting the distance between rendering cameras, not your physical lateral focal distance of your eyes. the 2 are totally unrelated. Why not just pass this on to ED and stop trying to defend and erroneous position.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus X370, Win10 Pro, Intel I-9 9900K 4.8 128 gb TridentZ,

2X Nvidia TITAN V (volta) , 65" Samsung 7100 series 4K , 2 x 1 TB Evo 860SSD, 4 X 4TB HD, 8 X 2TB HD external array

Tmaster Wathog, Elgato Streamdeck, 3DX Spacepilot pro,, Thermaltake 900 tower Corsair H150 WC,

HTC Vive, Pimax 8KX VR, Nostromo Speedpad N52, Tmaster MFD x2

...There is VR zoom option in the UI keys...
where is the setting exactly of this UI keys, can you please prescribe the path more precisely - thanks

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

Watch from this time index
Hi Jabbers - Thanks a lot for this great Video - Thumbs up!

Also a great Tip with the NVIDIA new Display adjustment!

PiMax has released today a new update backed up with the new software Dr.Pi that evaluates your computer to see if it does the VR job well.

Weird thing, I got ok on all hardware with the exception of the CPU. it seems that the 6 cores x 3.2 Ghz aren't enough for my 4k VR?!

Anyway I'm still in the VR experimental phase...

I've subscribed to your channel waiting for the upcoming VR update evaluation of DCS 2.5 Beta version.

Hi Jabbers - Thanks a lot for this great Video - Thumbs up!

Also a great Tip with the NVIDIA new Display adjustment!

PiMax has released today a new update backed up with the new software Dr.Pi that evaluates your computer to see if it does the VR job well.

Weird thing, I got ok on all hardware with the exception of the CPU. it seems that the 6 cores x 3.2 Ghz aren't enough for my 4k VR?!

Anyway I'm still in the VR experimental phase...

I've subscribed to your channel waiting for the upcoming VR update evaluation of DCS 2.5 Beta version.

It's not the core count or speed, it's the instruction sets.

What Model AMD CPU do you Have? because FX was Blacklisted by Oculus, so unless you have a Ryzen CPU any AMD CPU (FX, Phenom II, Phenom, etc) have been blacklisted.

Whenever I do launch Oculus Home, I get the warning and check logs and it reports my FX8350 at 5.31Ghz isnt enough.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

and yet you still managed to get it wrong each time.. it is NOT IPD! that is incorrect nomenclature, and it's misleading and confusing.. it's a world scale adjustment.. and it has not a single thing to do with pupillary distance. You are adjusting the distance between rendering cameras, not your physical lateral focal distance of your eyes. the 2 are totally unrelated. Why not just pass this on to ED and stop trying to defend and erroneous position.

I think it should be "CAMERA SCALE" instead the "world scale", while both actually do the same. You keep the camera same but you scale world. Or you keep world same and scale the camera. Yet you keep the 3D effect (camera distance) same as you say.

This is something that so get confused by people defending it is "IPD".

This can as well be seen with VR by just closing your other eye. The world doesn't go smaller or larger by doing so, but yout perceived depth does go away.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

This is a Camera used to Film VR:

attachment.php?attachmentid=181759&stc=1&d=1522340948

There are 2 lenses, w/ an IPD, (Distance between center of left/right lenses).

Adjusting the DCS GUI IPD is the same as Adjusting the Camera Lenses.

You're not Scaling the World, the World Remains 1:1 Scale regardless, you are scaling your Virtually Represented Head.

What you are doing is Adjusting the Rendering IPD, the Distance between Left and Right Eye Rendering Cameras.

Larger IPD, Simulates a Larger Head, making objects seem smaller

Smaller IPD, Simulates a smaller head, making objects seem larger

There are at least 3 types of IPD in play here, all of them must match to give proper representation of scale.

Biological IPD (Distance between your actual eyeballs Pupils)

Physical IPD (Distance between VR Headset's Focal Point of Lenses)

Rendering/Virtual IPD (Distance between Virtual Camera's Rendering Viewports Center).

I think it should be "CAMERA SCALE" instead the "world scale", while both actually do the same. You keep the camera same but you scale world. Or you keep world same and scale the camera. Yet you keep the 3D effect (camera distance) same as you say.

This is something that so get confused by people defending it is "IPD".

This can as well be seen with VR by just closing your other eye. The world doesn't go smaller or larger by doing so, but yout perceived depth does go away.

This^,

While it's still Techincally a Type of IPD,

Renaming it to Camera Scale or Head Scale would be more accurate,

World Scale is incorrect, the world remains the same size, only the illusion of it being larger/smaller because you are scaling yourself.

z_cam_k2501_k1_pro_cinematic_vr180_1517946616000_1389667.jpg.16b494a40c33d62480fdb1ccb9ffcb66.jpg

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

AFAIK, the setting is independent of which VR API is used.

And best part: When set to 50 it makes cocpits look bit biger, easy to read text in VR , even in low PD :)

52 Here, Finally switches look like they should and not like toymodel :)

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...There are at least 3 types of IPD in play here, all of them must match to give proper representation of scale.

Rendering/Virtual IPD (Distance between Virtual Camera's Rendering Viewports Center)...

...let alone what process is behind the whole terminology dilemma, the perception for the average consumer is a change in the FOV (Field Of View).

Seen from the camera perspective, augmenting or decreasing the field of view beyond the prescribed HMD angle, is like zooming from wide angle to telephoto lens.

If for example your HMD has a 110° FOV, then you should adjust your ***numbers (***IPD / FOV) so that your field of sight angle in the cockpit would match your HMD°, otherwise there'll be a Wide/Tele distortion. Only the exact FOV angle that matches your HMD characteristics would guarantee the 100% real world cockpit.

Example: If your HMD has a 90 ° FOV, get a bird's eye view drawing of a cockpit, place the tip of a right triangle over the pilot's head and draw equally the two 90 ° line from it, and look how far away from the dashboard is to be seen in the cockpit. Exactly that is how far your HMD may show you. Seeing more buttons from the dashboard means an extension in the angle of the FOV and thus a diminution of the reality and vice versa. In this case, it is advisable if the ED programmers set a box for the HMD FOV angle and program it accordingly instead of experimenting too much with the so-called IPD values.

So from this point of view, adjusting the angle of orientation / how far your eyes perceive while holding your head straight in the cockpit would logically resume the whole thread designation debate to the FOV alternative instead of IPD. :thumbup:

Edited by Biba

It's not the core count or speed, it's the instruction sets.

What Model AMD CPU do you Have? because FX was Blacklisted by Oculus, so unless you have a Ryzen CPU any AMD CPU (FX, Phenom II, Phenom, etc) have been blacklisted...

It is indeed an AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition! And now blacklisted :mad:

It would still work most likely,

your just missing a few instruction sets the drivers look for.

It would still work most likely, your just missing a few instruction sets the drivers look for.
It is working, but I have the impression not enough as it is suppose to be.

I got the Specs on my AMD Phenom II X6 1090T:

Instructions and Technologies:

Execute Disable Bit? Yes

64-bit Support? Yes

Hyper-Threading technology? No

Turbo Boost? Yes

Virtualization? Yes

Enhanced SpeedStep? Yes

Instruction Set Extensions:

MMX

SSE

SSE2

SSE3

Question:

What are the VR Formats Set Extensions that are missing here, and how & where are they to be implemented manually, because the driver has already the last update.

.. Been Over this at least 5 times in the beginning of the thread..

This is a Camera used to Film VR:

attachment.php?attachmentid=181759&stc=1&d=1522340948

There are 2 lenses, w/ an IPD, (Distance between center of left/right lenses).

Adjusting the DCS GUI IPD is the same as Adjusting the Camera Lenses.

You're not Scaling the World, the World Remains 1:1 Scale regardless, you are scaling your Virtually Represented Head.

What you are doing is Adjusting the Rendering IPD, the Distance between Left and Right Eye Rendering Cameras.

Larger IPD, Simulates a Larger Head, making objects seem smaller

Smaller IPD, Simulates a smaller head, making objects seem larger

There are at least 3 types of IPD in play here, all of them must match to give proper representation of scale.

Rendering/Virtual IPD (Distance between Virtual Camera's Rendering Viewports Center).

This^,

While it's still Techincally a Type of IPD,

Renaming it to Camera Scale or Head Scale would be more accurate,

World Scale is incorrect, the world remains the same size, only the illusion of it being larger/smaller because you are scaling yourself.

I will concede to call it "camera scale" or "camera convergence" or "camera adjustment" if you will concede that There are NO pupils in a camera.....

"Interpupillary distance (PD) is a measurement of the distance between the centres of your two eyes and is dependent on whether you are buying eyewear for distance or close up. This measurement is used to properly align the centre of your eyeglass lenses with the centre of your eyes"

Source"The Canadian Association of Optometrists"

Or in the case of VR to align the center of VR lenses with the center of the eyes pupils.

This is only related directly to the human eye. Not cameras. you are very stubborn even when your wrong.. DCS used the wrong terminology plain and simple.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus X370, Win10 Pro, Intel I-9 9900K 4.8 128 gb TridentZ,

2X Nvidia TITAN V (volta) , 65" Samsung 7100 series 4K , 2 x 1 TB Evo 860SSD, 4 X 4TB HD, 8 X 2TB HD external array

Tmaster Wathog, Elgato Streamdeck, 3DX Spacepilot pro,, Thermaltake 900 tower Corsair H150 WC,

HTC Vive, Pimax 8KX VR, Nostromo Speedpad N52, Tmaster MFD x2

So when I set my IPD to a different setting all it seems to do is change the way the menu's look, I looked carefully at the surrounding would/cockpit etc but I really can't see any difference.

Am I doing something wrong with my settings?

Intel Core i9-10850K

ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming motherboard

Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master

32 GB Corsair Vengeance LED 3000MHz DDR4

Thrustmaster Warthog/ HP Reverb G2