The SU-30 FAMILY PROJECT is Back

• 2 weeks later...

Um, any updates? I haven't heard from anybody (except happy cavin) in a while. How's it going?

Just a side note: what sort of top speed at high level are you guys giving the Su-30MKI/MKA/SM? I think it's supposed to be around Mach 1.9, which brings this to mind: why does the built-in DCS Su-30MK (I'm pretty sure it's MK) have a top speed at high level of Mach 2.35? I think it's actually Mach 2.0, like the Su-30MKK/MK2/M2.

I don't know anything about modding, and I doubt you'd need me, but I'd be happy to look in my books and online and try to do some research on the real things, if you want.

I think the only one who can state, if this Mod is still alive is SkateZilla and/or Combatace/Gizmondo.

As it has been a while that the mentioned ones gave an update here, my hope for this thing to be seen in the public declines.. .

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

I think the only one who can state, if this Mod is still alive is SkateZilla and/or Combatace/Gizmondo.

As it has been a while that the mentioned ones gave an update here, my hope for this thing to be seen in the public declines.. .

They're busy with other projects. Just because they're not working on this one at this very second, doesn't mean that they won't come back to it. A little patience goes a long way...

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Alright, Skatezilla, Gizmondo, any news? The Su-30SM is my second favorite aircraft, next to the Su-35S. Any reasons for the delay in updates?

A few Su-30SM-related questions:

1-Is there an Su-30SM2?

2-Is there an Su-30SM3?

3-What about an Su-27SM2, does that exist?

These questions are not about the mod, but about the real versions. BTW, will there be any new variants of the R-77 (RVV-AE), like maybe the R-77-1 (RVV-SD)?

1. No

2. No

3. Yes

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

The su-27SM is an upgraded version of the Su-27, the SM3 is the same but built new rather than a mid-life upgrade.

the su-27SM2 was initially supposed to reffer to the SU-35 but was not really applied

For the MOD, it is not dead we are slowely working ont it and correcting bugs. and we work on the cockpit too but there is an issu because it is based on Bearstudio Su-30 cockpit that we modified, i don't think that we will be able to make it public (question of copyrights) i don't know how it's gonna end-up.

that was sad news...no public realease.

Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU@4.20GHz 64 bit operation System Windows 10+ Pro NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - Memory: 16.0 GB - 500gb ssd samsung - Samsung 27"SyncMaster TA550 monitors [SIZE=1][B]- [/B][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]TM Hotas Warthog[/SIZE][/FONT] Trackir4 - TM Rudder Pedals.

I have been tweaking somethings on the model on my end, but no where near ready to tackle the large to-do list of major changes for 2.5.

once I get the free time, Progress will be a lot quicker...

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Maybe you could make it paid?

That's not how copyrights work...

The issue is they do not have the original author's permission to distribute. Selling it makes it illegal and they can have a civil lawsuit filed against them

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

Oh, it's because it Combatace's, and you're just improving it, right? I understand.

No, he said it is from BearStudios. They made aircraft for FSX. This being one of them.

CombatAce is a website community that does have modded and freeware aircraft for various sims.

I understand everything now, thanks for clearing things up. I'd love to fly it, but still just seeing the Su-30MKI/MKA/SM in DCS would be cool. BTW, Skatezilla, in the 'User Files' section of DCS.com you can search within parameters, and paid/free is one of the options, even though no prices are listed anywhere. Why, then, do you say no mods are even allowed to be paid? Not saying you're wrong, just confused.

Why, then, do you say no mods are even allowed to be paid? Not saying you're wrong, just confused.

Because mods are typically "modifications" of proprietary software or that may use parts of it. You cant sell what others have created.

You cant sell anything without a License Agreement from Eagle Dynamics to do so.

Regardless of whether it's a "Mod" or a entirely unique "Module".

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Honestly, I don't get the confusion.

If you want to mod a game you should just read their ToS and similar agreements, usually it is all stated there. In case of DCS modding see the End-User License Agreement (link), section 4. Especially paragraph 4.1.(b):

(b) if you decide to make available the use of the New Game Materials created by you to others, you agree to do so solely without charge, unless with prior approval and a licence from TFC. This includes selling of the New Game Material(s), donations, Kickstarter funding, and any other means in which funds are transferred to you for your New Game Materials. All such work must remain Freeware;

The other paragraphs in this section are also relevant to this topic. The terms should be crystal clear.

Edited by Zabuza

• 2 weeks later...