Gazelle Weapons Expansion Mod

How did you guys load this awesome mod? I tried JSGME and overriding the actual files in my root directory. It still doesn't show when I'm in Mission Editor. Any help would be much appreciated.

I have just tried this mod in 1.5.5 beta. (the same as 1.5.5 release)

I use JSGME.

It works as designed.

You must choose the "M" or Mistral versions to see the new weapons.

Do you see the Gazelle in the ME?

Hawkeye

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

As Hawkeye mentioned, this mod should be working in the latest version, if it is still giving

You trouble let me know! The weapons not showing in the editor means the SA342.lau component of the mod didn't install correctly somehow. I would examine the files under /Coremods/SA342 with the mod installed and ensure there wasn't redundant directories causing the SA342.lau file to be in the wrong place. Once done with that, open SA342.lau and carefully check to see if you notice entries commented with HELLFIRE MOD in the right margin- report back and we will see if we can help!

Edited by Hook47

I'm thoroughly enjoying this mod. It gives a psuedo OH-58 capability to the sim.

The only issue is weight when carrying the new weapons. I'm sacrificing fuel/range but like the capability.

Does the Hellfire have longer range than the HOT3's 4300 meters/4.3Km?

Just checking standoff ability and for mission planning.

Thanks!

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

Just changed those lines to have the same Ka-50's Rocket pod, also added the OFP2 fragmentation variant.

836,837, added 838 in SA342.lua

{ CLSID = "{6A4B9E69-64FE-439a-9163-3A87FB6A4D81}", attach_point_position = {0.0,  0.16,  0.0}}, --B-8V20A - 20 S-8KOM MOD "
			{ CLSID = "B_8V20A_CM", attach_point_position = {0.0,  0.16,  0.0}}, --B-8V20A - 20 S-8TsM "
			{ CLSID = "B_8V20A_OFP2", attach_point_position = {0.0,  0.16,  0.0}}, --B-8V20A - 20 S-8OFP2

Hey Storm

That is doable for the L, but the M version can only fire one rocket at a time and has no reliable way of aiming the rockets, so they may be of limited use there!

I'll be giving this mod an update and reaching out to Poly_Rioe to see if he has any new ideas too pretty soon, assuming he isn't too busy!

I've actually looked into the lua and made the change myself.

However, now I understand why the larger 19-shot LAU was used on the L. To hide the default 8-shot SNEB pod. Apparently the way the M261 weapon is loaded, it's all, not in pieces. So the SNEB cant be removed.?.?

Thanks for checking back. I'd be interested in hearing of any further develpments.

-Jeff

P.S. I've found pics of the Lima armed with HOTs. So maybe an export market thing.

That is correct, sir! The SNEB is part of the 3D model of the L, so some care was put into positions the M-151 19 pod to where it would cover her up :)

I'd forgotten about that until you just now mentioned it!

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Oh, regarding the Lima with TOWs- yes I do believe that is in the capability of the real bird, but not attempted by our mod yet, primarily because the 3D model would need to look different, unless the mount for the weapon was somehow built into the weapons 3D model (meaning a new weapon is brought into the sim) and I suspect the L Gazelle code would need changing to make it doable

I would love to add that as a mod, but there are a lot of challenges (for me at least) in mixing weapons built for one type with weapons for another type due to the systems coding of the three individual variants. If there was a way to crack getting TOWs to function on the Lima or Mistrial Gazelle, such a load out could be possible! Uphaut (May be misspelling his name) has already made an excellent Malakuta TOW mod (the rocket like weapon in that picture) so perhaps I'll reach out to him about the idea!

That would be awesome!

It would probably be a little more difficult to coding, because Maljutka guided manually, using only optical sight. A disadvantage is small range. But it would certainly be interesting to try. While Strela 2M will be, I guess, easier to add.

Edited by kobac

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

As Hawkeye mentioned, this mod should be working in the latest version, if it is still giving

You trouble let me know! The weapons not showing in the editor means the SA342.lau component of the mod didn't install correctly somehow. I would examine the files under /Coremods/SA342 with the mod installed and ensure there wasn't redundant directories causing the SA342.lau file to be in the wrong place. Once done with that, open SA342.lau and carefully check to see if you notice entries commented with HELLFIRE MOD in the right margin- report back and we will see if we can help!

Hi Hook, I am also having trouble getting these weapons to appear in the ME. I am using the latest version of DCS 1.5.5. I have tried using JSGME, but to no avail, so I have placed all the files directly into DCS, after backing them up of course.

Attached is the SA342.lua for your inspection, as I am not 100% sure what I am looking for, haven't had much to do with lua's before now. My apologies if I am missing something here.

SA342.lua

Modules NOT currently in my hanger

Yak 52/F-14 Tomcat/CE II/Mig-19/I-16/FW-A-8/JF-17/Supercarrier

My system:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo

3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4690k

H100i CPU Cooler

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Hyper X Fury Red

MSI GTX980ti GPU

EVGA 850W PSU

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

128gb Plextor M.2 storage (Boot Drive)

Windows 10 X64 Professional

Acer XB281HK G-sync monitor

Trackir 5

MFG Crosswind pedals

T M Warthog Hotas

• 10 months later...

The mod also isn't working for me (v1.5 stable). Copied it to my install folder and it replaced some files, but in the editor nothing shows up apart from the official loadouts. Cycled through the different tasks to see if they were hidden.

Would like to see:

Panavia Tornado

Panther AS565

English Electric Lightning.

I just happened across your video today and discovered you have a Hellfire Mod.

I'd love to try that but it looks like I have come at a lousy time (of course it's not currently available !).

I look forward to seeing and trying this Mod when it is again available.

Good luck with the edit. I know it can be difficult and time consuming keeping anything custom working in DCS.

Thanks.

SnowTiger:joystick:

• 1 month later...
Hi guys,

I need to update this mod, so hold off on trying to use it until I get it up to speed! I'll try to do that asap

I have just recently acquired the Gazelle and noticed that there are not many bullets in its barrel :D

Have you managed to find time to continue working on this mod ?

If so, how's it going :book:

I'm really enjoying the Gazelle :thumbup:

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello everyone!

With the new kick a$$ Minigun Gazelle now out, I finally got around to honoring the many requests I've got to get this mod working again.

For now, I've just re-enabled the Hellfire x2 or x4 for the SA342 M, and the FFAR 19 pod or UBM 32 pod for the SA342 L. I'll try to get around to completely updating and expanding soon! Place the Lau file in the link below in your C:\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\aircraft\SA342 directory and you are good to go!

Enjoy the new capabilities! See the first page for more info :)

DOWNLOAD

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2whd3t3b871638/SA342.lua?dl=0

Thank you, it's a fun mod!

Somehow, the Hellfires don't track for me, though. I tried the x4 ones from 4000-5000 m and they deviate and hit the ground or detonate in the air. How do I use them correctly?

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022