Auto Start with multiplayer

Ziptie

Just simply haven't been able to do it, with only 3 or 4 attempts at flying with "real" people.

I just finally have been able to start the A10C without any checklists or auto start (win+home), all by memory and man is it easy to make a mistake (especially w/ NAV align, etc).

Point is, would just like to try and fly with some folks, improve my skills and possibly earn a spot alongside some other wings on a mission or twelve - auto start would make it a whole lot smoother.

Am I just being stupid and missing a setting in the options menu or is it literally not possible to use auto-start online?

Cheers,

Don Aarseth

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Can't say for the A10C but works for helis, maybe a silly question, if you have the chat dialog box open for typing it wont work.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Can't say for the A10C but works for helis, maybe a silly question, if you have the chat dialog box open for typing it wont work.

Didn't have the chat box open, but good tip and thank you for the assist.

;3356005']Pretty sure the A-10C has auto start sir.

Open your Options and go to Controls and look in the CHEAT section. It may be bound to something different on your setup.

Bingo. Can't believe it, after all the battles I had getting the "little ole" T4 HOTAS mapped (both sim and game controller tabs..... :/

Under the "cheat tab" the auto start was set for (RWin+Home) and my keyboard doesn't have a RWin button.

Here's the fun part, in single player the auto start function works with LWin+Home (despite not being mapped properly) but in multiplayer.... Nope. Remapped it for LWin+Home and works in multiplayer format.

Cheers and thank you all for the quick and helpful advice, about to go wheels up for the first time with live pilots,

Don Aarseth

Edited by Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• 1 month later...
Didn't have the chat box open, but good tip and thank you for the assist.

Bingo. Can't believe it, after all the battles I had getting the "little ole" T4 HOTAS mapped (both sim and game controller tabs..... :/

Under the "cheat tab" the auto start was set for (RWin+Home) and my keyboard doesn't have a RWin button.

Here's the fun part, in single player the auto start function works with LWin+Home (despite not being mapped properly) but in multiplayer.... Nope. Remapped it for LWin+Home and works in multiplayer format.

Cheers and thank you all for the quick and helpful advice, about to go wheels up for the first time with live pilots,

Don Aarseth

The autostart option is probably taken from the server so unless the server you're playing on supports autostart you're out of luck.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

There's also a nice little feature integrated in the control options, called Search. It does wonders.. :)

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5