DCS World environmental shaders mod

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the 4.01 version, and love how the clouds are looking, but am having an issue where just minutes after they are up, the sky goes clear again, then minutes later they are back. Roughly about a 5 minute cycle. Any idea what might be going on?

Yes, this is the fade in/out of the cirrus, it can be altered for longer periods - if you feel like experimenting you can look in cirrus.fx on lines 114 and 115, just raise the 60.0 and 90.0 to higher amounts.

Hi there,

thanks for this awesome work ! could you tell me if mod "HDR with a tDt like Dynamic for 1.2.6 v.3.0" is implemanted or not ? because there's a conflict with it so I disabled it to install your mod

thanks again

edit : is this mod compatible with sweetfx ?

Edited by dureiken

Hi there,

thanks for this awesome work ! could you tell me if mod "HDR with a tDt like Dynamic for 1.2.6 v.3.0" is implemanted or not ? because there's a conflict with it so I disabled it to install your mod

thanks again

edit : is this mod compatible with sweetfx ?

Recheck the first post there are two downloads available, one 'complete' version and another cropped version for users like yourself who use PeterP's work.

Oh and as for sweetfx there shouldn't be any problems.

Just come across this mate, looks excellent and am getting it now:)

Rgr mate i've just updated the package again in the past few minutes, made adjustments to cirrus fade times and re-tuned the brightness levels of the lower clouds.

Edited by Mustang

I have not added your mod to the new patch yet but the clouds look good. If you compare your mod against the original files it should be possible to se what settings is the same, or if it is changed from an older version. No big thing Mustang, don't spend much time on this.

Is this not working with ModMan? I attempted to download this via ModMan, went to launch my game, and it would say "DCS has stopped working" right away.

Any fix? Or is it just non-compatable with ModMan?

Intel i5 6600k @4.2 Ghz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

8GB DDR3

Windows 10 64 bit

Samsung SyncMaster S24B300HL 24"

Saitek X52

CH Products Pro Flight Pedals

TrackIR 5 with Track Clip

Logitech G930 Wireless Gaming Headset

album.php?albumid=848&pictureid=5950Tried this Mustang and was getting unusual shadowing...on side pods and between tail on engines....very dark textures...even when the rest of aircraft in sunlight.Deleting config/effects/posteffects/hdr.lua brought it back to normal.I was just wondering if your cloud mod is still active with this file gone??:huh:

http://forums.eagle.ru/album.php?albumid=848&pictureid=5950

Still on ver 1.25 here with my own modified hdr.fx

Edited by aceviper

Tried this Mustang and was getting unusual shadowing...on side pods and between tail on engines....very dark textures...even when the rest of aircraft in sunlight.Deleting config/effects/posteffects/hdr.lua brought it back to normal.I was just wondering if your cloud mod is still active with this file gone??:huh:

possible to post a screenshot?

album.php?albumid=848&pictureid=5950Tried this Mustang and was getting unusual shadowing...on side pods and between tail on engines....very dark textures...even when the rest of aircraft in sunlight.Deleting config/effects/posteffects/hdr.lua brought it back to normal.I was just wondering if your cloud mod is still active with this file gone??:huh:

http://forums.eagle.ru/album.php?albumid=848&pictureid=5950

Still on ver 1.25 here with my own modified hdr.fx

Bizarre, i have never seen such a bug caused by an edited hdr.fx like this - have you tried using only the 'Clouds & Sky only v4.03.rar' in the first post? it does not contain a modified hdr.fx and should suit your configuration.

Used Clouds& Sky only v4.03 and no issues so far...just havent seen any cirrus...:(

Any mission in particular which demonstrates your mod in all its glory?

The cloud rendering times vary from mission to mission, usually after a mission start the cirrus starts to appear around 6-7 minutes.

Try opening mission editor and just click start mission, start at Anapa airbase on F11 view and look up at the sky while pressing left-ctrl z multiple times to accelerate time, run it up to 7 minutes then press left shift z to restore normal time and see the cirrus appearing :)

Clouds took 20 minutes to appear noticable...very subtle changes in your mod..hard for me to see.. more subtle hues maybe...but all good:thumbup:

before

http://forums.eagle.ru/album.php?albumid=848&pictureid=5951

after

http://forums.eagle.ru/album.php?albumid=848&pictureid=5952

http://forums.eagle.ru/album.php?albumid=848&pictureid=5953

Thanks mustang

• 1 month later...