Phoenix employment in Pulse STT.

Airhunter

If I understood correctly the Phoenix can't be guided in Pulse STT. Now, given I acquire a PAL lock within 20nm is it best to flip the ACM cover up to command the Phoenix active? If I understood correctly with a present WCS track (Pulse STT in this case) the Phoenix seeker should automatically point at the target location when the ACM cover is flipped? Without a WCS track and ACM cover up it launches active along the ADL. Is this assumtion correct?

If I understood correctly the Phoenix can't be guided in Pulse STT. Now, given I acquire a PAL lock within 20nm is it best to flip the ACM cover up to command the Phoenix active? If I understood correctly with a present WCS track (Pulse STT in this case) the Phoenix seeker should automatically point at the target location when the ACM cover is flipped? Without a WCS track and ACM cover up it launches active along the ADL. Is this assumtion correct?

Its changing soon

The only difference between having the ACM cover up or not if you're already in A-A mode is that the LTE (launch-to-eject) is short in certain situations. With a pulse lock the phoenix will always be launched along the sensor line of sight regardless if you're in ACM. If you don't have a track it will launch along the ADL.

The only difference between having the ACM cover up or not if you're already in A-A mode is that the LTE (launch-to-eject) is short in certain situations. With a pulse lock the phoenix will always be launched along the sensor line of sight regardless if you're in ACM. If you don't have a track it will launch along the ADL.

Roger that. But will it go active or is it SARH? With proper guidence that is. If the latter is the case then you'd want to flip the PH ACTIVE switch in the back, wouldn't you?

When not in pd-stt or tws the phoenix will always be launched active, the PH ACT switch exists only to force the WCS to launch it active in pd stt or tws.

The WCS will never try to launch in SARH in a mode which isn't capable of supporting it.

Thanks for clearning that up.

So, in theory you could force the Phoenix to still go active and receive guidence updates at the same time in PD STT, correct?

IRL I'd say you could launch it active in PD-STT and have updates yes.

Afaik this isn't currently possible in DCS though as it uses own radar only after it goes active.