Night mission servers?

BonerCat

Hey, i was wondering if there are any servers that regularly host night missions?

I couldn't find any

Thanks!

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430

Unfortunately night missions don't seem very popular in MP :(

I would love to have more night missions on the public servers (especially on Blue Flag!), but people seem to be unable to cope with night operations.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Unfortunately night missions don't seem very popular in MP :(

I would love to have more night missions on the public servers (especially on Blue Flag!), but people seem to be unable to cope with night operations.

I don't do night in DCS for a several reasons.

1. Night in VR looks horrible

2. Night in DCS is very poorly done. Light sources do not radiate light. They behave more like a paintbrush than a beam of light. The end result is too dark overall.

3. Night with clouds looks nothing like reality. Clouds are vividly white with pitch black above, something I never saw in 33 years flying real airplanes.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

I don't do night in DCS for a several reasons.

1. Night in VR looks horrible

2. Night in DCS is very poorly done. Light sources do not radiate light. They behave more like a paintbrush than a beam of light. The end result is too dark overall.

3. Night with clouds looks nothing like reality. Clouds are vividly white with pitch black above, something I never saw in 33 years flying real airplanes.

1 sounds like it might be a gamma issue and 2 can be solved with more moon, as the darkness of the night in DCS heavily depends on moonshine. Clouds do look weird at night, but both lighing and clouds are being worked on atm.

But I don't like night flying for its looks, but for the totally different experience in combat. Especially in moonless nights you have to use a lot of IFR procedures, work with NVGs and can use things like IR-pointers. Visibility is totally different which makes A/A WVR combat totally different, strikers can sneak by better, you need to pay attention to afterburner and flare usage and a lot of othger small differences. That's why I would love to have more night flying in MP, not because of how it looks visually.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

1 sounds like it might be a gamma issue and 2 can be solved with more moon, as the darkness of the night in DCS heavily depends on moonshine. Clouds do look weird at night, but both lighing and clouds are being worked on atm.

But I don't like night flying for its looks, but for the totally different experience in combat. Especially in moonless nights you have to use a lot of IFR procedures, work with NVGs and can use things like IR-pointers. Visibility is totally different which makes A/A WVR combat totally different, strikers can sneak by better, you need to pay attention to afterburner and flare usage and a lot of othger small differences. That's why I would love to have more night flying in MP, not because of how it looks visually.

Night is now much better after the update but the clouds are still horrible.

I have far too much real world flight time to ever enjoy anything about the ugly that is DCS VR at night, although it is getting better. Clear nights are probably playable now but nothing with clouds.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg