Mtv2 nervous

I wouldn't say it's that bad. It seems to be lifting at 3 degrees only in the most favourable conditions: sea level, cold weather, lightest config possible (very small amount of fuel, uninstalled all equipment options in mission editor). In normal config, warmer weather and with usual amount of fuel, it needs 5 degrees and above. I agree it seems to be very nimble though, but I've never flown aboard a real one.

The point is that it should never lift off at only 3 degrees of pitch, not even 5 degrees. On second thought, I'd be okay with it lifting off the ground at 5 degrees of main rotor blade pitch at absolutely ideal conditions, such as sea level, cool temperatures, and almost zero fuel. Although 6 degrees would be more realistic.

Rgr that. Something's quite off then, at least in those simulated conditions. Didn't ED state recently they found some aspect of rotorcraft physics in need of rework, or am I recalling things wrong?

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Although 6 degrees would be more realistic.

Flew her yesterday. Takeoff ASL, +25ºC, TOW 21638lbs (slick w/ 100% fuel) and she lifted off at exactly 6º pitch. So nothing wrong that I can see at least.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

The point is that it should never lift off at only 3 degrees of pitch, not even 5 degrees. On second thought, I'd be okay with it lifting off the ground at 5 degrees of main rotor blade pitch at absolutely ideal conditions, such as sea level, cool temperatures, and almost zero fuel. Although 6 degrees would be more realistic.

I was flying the Mi-8 the other day and kept thinking of this thread and started to think about it, and it something I had just taken for granted.

This would have serious implications for the flight dynamics of the Mi-8

Also is this just a like where the indicator points relative to collective or is it more serious under the bonnet of Mi8 and DCS stuff?

Are there implications for the other helicopters in DCS?

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Also is this just a like where the indicator points relative to collective or is it more serious under the bonnet of Mi8 and DCS stuff?

Well on the actual helicopter the measurement comes from a transmitter attached to the actual collective pitch arm just below the swashplate.