no news on other WW2 addons?

nick10

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i agree - They is a lot of customer that lost trust in IL2 dev team, and they is a market to take here.

In my dreams, the IL2 dev team would stop their engine and hop in DCS to develop WW2 addons. but that's only a dream

If your dream comes true, the first thing should do is to release the gobal map. And 40+ players dogfighting in a same server will crash their clients.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Yeah i agree - They is a lot of customer that lost trust in IL2 dev team, and they is a market to take here.

In my dreams, the IL2 dev team would stop their engine and hop in DCS to develop WW2 addons. but that's only a dream

Nightmare... :)

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

• ED Team
Nightmare... :)

+1

Those devs over there really dont have a passion for flight/combat sims... the liaison over there doesnt even play the sim lol

I think there are better people here to carry the torch for additional WWII add-ons in DCS World...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Those devs over there really dont have a passion for flight/combat sims... the liaison over there doesnt even play the sim lol

I think there are better people here to carry the torch for additional WWII add-ons in DCS World...

Absolutely. I was actually very pleased when I heard that Clod wasn't successful, because that opens the door for better developers to replace them in the market. I doubt we'd even have P-51D if it weren't for Clod's failure. I'm totally with Yo-Yo in this--the last thing I'd want to see is the IL-2 developers in DCS. I've always been terribly unhappy about the way that Maddox Games does things. They've always been more about making people think their sim-game is realistic, rather than actually making it realistic. Eagle Dynamics is the other way around, and that's how I like it.

Edited by Echo38

There would be nice with some more WWII aricrafts but I think the battle for the customers is lost now to the IL2 BoB.

(HJ)

Nope I am stuck on DCS...not going that route again to often to many patches..and updates...but nice for IL-2 Bob:thumbup:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

Nope I am stuck on DCS...not going that route again to often to many patches..and updates...but nice for IL-2 Bob:thumbup:

Good to hear Air_Wolf. I just snapped up the possitive replays for the new IL2 patch but I've also completly removed IL2 from my rig and are not going back ;)

(HJ)

Ahem, If i'm not remembering totaly wrong, DCS mustang was a private sparetime project done by one of DCS employees, showing so much potention.

that it was decided to bring it into DCS world. Anyway thats how I remember it.

With that in mind, i find it unlikely that DCS is in the progress of adding another WW2 plane, or is planning so.

If however the coustmer pressure to do so is very high, offcause it could happen, but would be a long time away.

And frankly I'll rather se some more modern planes.

But i think it's more likely tfor a 3rd party ww2 addon to appear if ever.

Again I could be totally wrong and remember wrong.

But I'm getting a little tired of all those ww2 wishlists, sorry.

Mikael

Ahem, If i'm not remembering totaly wrong, DCS mustang was a private sparetime project done by one of DCS employees, showing so much potention.

that it was decided to bring it into DCS world. Anyway thats how I remember it.

With that in mind, i find it unlikely that DCS is in the progress of adding another WW2 plane, or is planning so.

If however the coustmer pressure to do so is very high, offcause it could happen, but would be a long time away.

And frankly I'll rather se some more modern planes.

But i think it's more likely tfor a 3rd party ww2 addon to appear if ever.

Again I could be totally wrong and remember wrong.

But I'm getting a little tired of all those ww2 wishlists, sorry.

Mikael

Hi Mikael,

Yeah that's pretty much how I remember the introduction of the DCS P51D - a very talented and passionate member of the DCS Team. Thanks whoever you are by the way! :thumbup:

Yeah 'modern' jets and copters are truly awe inspiring in their capabilities; both in terms of flt envelope and weapons capability - I couldn't believe how much 'stand off' some of these systems offered before I played DCS - and equally how some of the SAM systems work, and keep up with the evolution, so to speak. The KA50 and the A10C are truly educational and amazingly in depth simulations - I can't praise them enough! There's nothing like dropping a LGB from 20K and watching it hit the precise vehicle you selected 20 minutes earlier, and without even getting fired at!

BUT! and you knew there was a but coming right? I enjoy enormously (Like a lot of the folks round here I think), NOT having autopilot, SHVAL / TGP, CCRP / CCIP, AOA / ILS etc. etc.

I find it enormously rewarding to 'fly' the guns and bombs on the mission, and deliver them to the target 'by eye' - through practise, procedure & judgement - carving the most efficient arcs in the sky to get in and out of harms way ASAP, (all whilst managing a sensitive engine:)) I'm still learning don't get me wrong.

I think the WWII (/ Korea) wish lists are here to stay, so don't get 'a little tired' by them, watch this space, or tune to another frequency: I'm sure developments are coming.

Put me down for FW190 and B24:)

Best wishes Mikael

V

There would be nice with some more WWII aricrafts but I think the battle for the customers is lost now to the IL2 BoB.

(HJ)

I find CloD so disappointing after having experienced DCS P-51. There's no comparison.

If DCS got into WWII fully it would just blow IL-2 away.

There are parts of CloD that are good but there are parts of it that are like they were designed by someone who has never seen a flight simulator game or even tested their own game.

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

According to the situation now, i can speculate that if ED developed all the flyable aircrafts in today's IL-2, you should pay about $10,000.00($39.99 for each aircraft) to buy all of them.

And you will need to wait more than 300 years for ED to publish the last aircraft!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They can build what they want in WWII Scenario. But it has to be something with a DB 605 in it ....or i will not buy it.

:joystick::pilotfly: Awwwww :worthy: Just listen :happy:

Edited by Isegrim

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom