MIG-21 - Red Eagles Ground Controlled Intercept Mission

MIG-21 - Red Eagles Ground Controlled Intercept Mission

The 4477th Test and Evaluation Squadron (4477 TES) was created to expose the Tactical Air Forces to the flight characteristics of fighter aircraft used by Soviet Union during the Cold War. The declassified history of the squadron shows that it operated MiG-17s, MiG-21s and MiG-23s between 1977 and 1988, and was formally disbanded in July 1990.

attachment.php?attachmentid=182870&stc=1&d=1524253180

It’s 1983, and as a Red Eagle Aggressor, you will fly a tactical intercept against a B-1B bomber.

In this fast-paced intercept mission at high altitude, the Bandit will fly at Mach 1.4, so you need to follow closely the instructions provided by the Ground Controlled Intercept (GCI) Officer, who will place you in the perfect position to employ your all aspect-missiles.

Features:

• Close Control GCI script with voice-overs.
  • Kneeboard and mission brief with custom Departure and Approach procedures.

Note:

• The mission requires the NTTR map.
  • The mission requires you to actively use the radio, so Easy Communication has been disabled.
  • No voice-over, with the exception of GCI synthetic voice.
  • For the sake of simplicity, since Mig-21 uses the metric system, all the measures in mission and documentation are expressed using the metric system.

Download Link:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3280028/

Have Fun!

LOGO.thumb.jpg.29c35e06a92a8e857ef3d55b7b9d7cea.jpg

• 1 month later...

Possibly one of the best missions I've flown for the MiG-21bis in true Soviet PVO style. Would love for a stern conversion intercept instead of the FQ intercept used in this mission ;). Thanks for sharing.

This is very high quality.

Other types of intercept: all weather, stern, night, long range, low altitude, from ambush CAP would be really interesting too. If the built-in talk-on could be this level of quality it would be great.

Thank you all for the feedback, I' glad that you liked it. This mission is basically a test to see if I could write a talking GCI who could vector the player. Implementing stern conversions and othe variant would be easy, and I plan to use this script for other missions.