TM Warthog Assignments - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-19-2018, 06:28 PM   #21
mlordi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_19d View Post
The only way to assign an axis is in DCS. TARGET gives you some choices to tweak axis parameters and enable/disable them entirely but it cannot tell DCS what you want an axis to do.
Excellent, I know exactly what to do then.
Thank you tom_19d!
mlordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:42 PM   #22
mlordi

So DCS doesn't seem to like if I have the 2 throttles on the Warthog physically attached. It wants to see each one move independently. It looking for my right throttle to be thrust and the left throttle to be rudder. It won't let me control the rudder with the keyboard if I'm using the Warthog.
Does anyone else experience this??????

btw, Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow
Old 11-22-2018, 12:28 AM   #23
mlordi

I'm beginning to understanding the nuances of DCS, not the most robust software....
Once I'm comfortable with dogfighting at slower speeds I'm going to move on back to Falcon BMS.
Old 11-27-2018, 05:32 PM   #24
LeCuvier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlordi View Post
So DCS doesn't seem to like if I have the 2 throttles on the Warthog physically attached. It wants to see each one move independently. It looking for my right throttle to be thrust and the left throttle to be rudder. It won't let me control the rudder with the keyboard if I'm using the Warthog.
How in heaven did you get to that conclusion?
For the F-86 I have my left throttle lever bound to target wingspan.
And my rudder axis is bound to to my MFG pedals. In the Bf-109 I use my left throttle for the flaps axis. Etc.
DCS comes with some stupid default settings, I grant you that. And if you have a joystick and a throttle and pedals, it will by default bind the rudder to the RZ axis on each one of these devices. But you can easily get rid of those and bind the commands as you like. Especially, you should only have one binding for every command; else the control signals from different controllers will conflict. So if your rudder is bound to any axis, you cannot control it from the keyboard. That's logical. If you want to control the rudder from the keyboard, it should not be bound to any axis.

And, for a relatively simple aircraft like the F-86 there is no need to use TARGET as a middleman. Bind your controls directly in DCS Options/Controls.
And learn before you jump to conclusions. You can get a lot of help on this forum. But if you announce that you will "go back to Falcon BMS anyway", why would anybody want to help you?
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5
LeCuvier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 08:51 PM   #25
PingPongChampeen

I use my left throttle quadrant as my rudder trim.
Intel 8086k o/c 5.4ghz | 32gb GSkill TridentZ DDR4 3200 ram | Asus Z370 Maximus X Formula| Zotac GTX 1080Ti | eVGA 1000w psu | MFG Crosswinds | TM Warthog | TM Cougar MFD | Dell 34" UHD Curved monitor | TrackIr 5 | Windows 10 Pro
A-10C | AJS37 | AV-8B | Bf109 K-4 | C-101 | FC3 | F-5E | F/A-18C | F-86 | FW109-D9 | Hawk T1A | Ka-50 | L39 | Mig-15Bis | Mig-21Bis | M-2000C | Mi-8MTV2 | P-51D | Spitfire Mk. IX | SA342 | UH-1H
(D/229) Hammer 1-1, 229th Avn Bn. 1st Cav Div
PingPongChampeen is offline   Reply With Quote