AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

I realise this is wip but I personally never saw the (GR7) hot nozzles glow in daylight, only a dusk/night. Does the AV8B engine make the hot nozzles glow in day light?
Zeus67 linked a video above for reference, where it does IRL. Extreme situation, but you can see the nozzle glowing.

Edit: he also mentioned the effect will be tuned, as it is a bit too much in the testvideo.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zeus67 linked a video above for reference, where it does IRL. Extreme situation, but you can see the nozzle glowing.

Edit: he also mentioned the effect will be tuned, as it is a bit too much in the testvideo.

Thanks, I've seen that incident video before and it's the first time I noticed the hot nozzle glow. :music_whistling::lol:

The pilot now has his AN/AVS-9 NVGs mounted on his helmet.

23668933_1524871394266160_1308341760865029856_o.jpg?oh=7bf57366c5ad81e3728300c086bf3d42&oe=5A961AA3

The helmet visor and the NVG are mutually exclusive and you have to choose in the ME if you want to mount the AN/AVS-9 in the helmet before you start the flight.

• Like 1

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

maybe do like the KA-50 and have it be able to be changed by the ground crew? Would make it possible to transition to it while in a mission

I think you can transition if you are on FARP or on airport.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

23668933_1524871394266160_1308341760865029856_o.jpg?oh=7bf57366c5ad81e3728300c086bf3d42&oe=5A961AA3

The helmet visor and the NVG are mutually exclusive and you have to choose in the ME if you want to mount the AN/AVS-9 in the helmet before you start the flight.

OMG that's awesome !!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

awesome Work !!

Cant wait ro fly it.

Any chance we can start get some tutorials video about how tk fly this bird?

Start from now will make easy for us to lurn whan shes releas.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

I really don't want to be that guy, but for Multiplayer it would be necessary to choose from the loadout screen.

Especially for long missions with multiple reloads, that start in the late afternoon sun and continue into darkness.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I really don't want to be that guy, but for Multiplayer it would be necessary to choose from the loadout screen.

Especially for long missions with multiple reloads, that start in the late afternoon sun and continue into darkness.

No as a pilot you prepare and take both the traditional visor and NVGs with you. The sim doesn’t need to model the pilot taking the visor off and putting the NVGs on.

Probably a limitation of DCS world though so I guess we’re stuck with one or the other.

Edited by Snoopy

No as a pilot you prepare and take both the traditional visor and NVGs with you. The sim doesn’t need to model the pilot taking the visor off and putting the MVGs on.

I don't know what you mean?

I was talking about Multiplayer missions and the fact that you can't go to the mission editor mid mission and thus currently only the mission designer has the option to set visor or the NVGs during the mission development.

That may work somehow in Singleplayer and campaigns.

For Multiplayer we would need an option for the pilot to switch visor and NVGs in the simulation, either through the loadout menu (rearm/refuel) or with a key command or the like. :dunno:

Some MP missions go on for multiple hours and if things go badly you start in daylight and end in the middle of the night.

Shagrat

Did you read the last line of my post?

I don't know what you mean?

I was talking about Multiplayer missions and the fact that you can't go to the mission editor mid mission and thus currently only the mission designer has the option to set visor or the NVGs during the mission development.

That may work somehow in Singleplayer and campaigns.

For Multiplayer we would need an option for the pilot to switch visor and NVGs in the simulation, either through the loadout menu (rearm/refuel) or with a key command or the like. :dunno:

Some MP missions go on for multiple hours and if things go badly you start in daylight and end in the middle of the night.

Would you not just fly with the nvg's off till it get dark enough to use them?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

Same goes for the flare/chaff selection, right? Since it's uniquely done and accessed via the map editor rather than the slider that the rearming screen utilizes.

Not a big deal since it has plenty of both, but there's definitely still cases where you'd want to be able to favor one over the other at will instead of using the mission preset all the time.

Just something to look into down the road.

This could very well be a dcs limitation, would be nice to have the option in the loadout tho

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

Did you read the last line of my post?

You mean this: (...)"The sim doesn’t need to model the pilot taking the visor off and putting the MVGs on."?

Yep, that was what I couldn't make sense off.

Shagrat

You mean this: (...)"The sim doesn’t need to model the pilot taking the visor off and putting the MVGs on."?

Yep, that was what I couldn't make sense off.

No this....

Probably a limitation of DCS world though so I guess we’re stuck with one or the other.

No this....

Oh, you added that, sorry no.

May be we have a limitation with the model, but I doubt it, as you can reinitialize in Sim with different skins now. If you handle the NVGs like a part of the loadout and attach/detach it like in the arming process... Should at least work in theory. ;)

Shagrat

The NVGs and the countermeasure management are two more examples why DCS needs to allow players to access the mission editor during the mission - even if only for your own aircraft. That would remove so many multiplayer hurdles...

Just sayin', go loud for it in the couple of threads on the subject in the wishlist section ;)

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron