Trigger zones around carriers moving?

WildBillKelsoe

I'd like to set the seven points around case 1 pattern for the harrier. The seven points being; break, downwind, abeam, ninety, groove, abeam landing spot, and on landing spot being 7 and 1/2 on Tarawa.

Problem is, I cant visualise the ship. Wasnt there a view for the boat static placeables? Or is it Stennis only feature? Also, I understand that a moving trigger zone bound to a unit is at the center of the unit or is it where the trigger is placed in relation to said unit? meaning, if I want to fly 100 feet off a right wing of a plane to be in that zone I need a trigger 100 feet which If I enter said zone placed to the right of ME icon 100 feet by ruler, I would be wingspan + 100 feet or is it 100 feet plus half wingspan for a centered by default trigger zone bound to that unit?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Can't help with the moving triggers, but if you go into the MissionEditor.lua and remove the -- in front of the test line for top down visual (it's right there are the top of the LUA) that will get you the ships planes, etc, visible on the mission editor map

B. "Swany" Swanberg

Gigabyte Designare, Intel i9 9900KF (3.6, OC'd to 5.0)

32GB Patriot Viper Steel (black, non-RGB)

OS installed on a Samsung Evo 970 1TB SSD

DCS installed on a Samsun Evo 860 1TB SSD

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

EVGA Supernova 720p 750w PS

3 Dell S2716DG monitors in Surround mode (7680x1440)

Oculus Rift S VR

Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick

Thrusmaster Rudder Pedals

assorted button boxes/Arduino boards

All drivers always kept up to date (30 days old, max)

For moving zone, the number you set is the radius of a circle centered around the unit.

Unfortunately there is no way to place zones in specific areas relative to the ship while it is underway that I am aware of...maybe you could do something sneaky with speedboats or other smaller ships if you can get them to keep exact formation with the carrier.

For moving zone, the number you set is the radius of a circle centered around the unit.

Unfortunately there is no way to place zones in specific areas relative to the ship while it is underway that I am aware of...maybe you could do something sneaky with speedboats or other smaller ships if you can get them to keep exact formation with the carrier.

Great idea! thank you!

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Can't help with the moving triggers, but if you go into the MissionEditor.lua and remove the -- in front of the test line for top down visual (it's right there are the top of the LUA) that will get you the ships planes, etc, visible on the mission editor map

will do. thanks.