[RESOLVED] CTD MP

Neuse

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Current open beta version, GAW server. Engaging a pair of hostile Su-25s from their 9 o'clock, with maybe 5000ft height advantage to me. Select PAL, lock first target. Jester calls "that's a friendly" on confirmed hostile target. I lock the second target with PAL again and crash to desktop instantly.

Logfile was too large to upload.

Is there anyone posting in this thread that isn't using Tacview?

Edited by Biggus

Honestly this is starting to get ridiculous. An eight pages thread about a showstopper bug and still not a word from officials since April 15th? Come on HB, isn't it time for some kind of statement about this at least?

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Honestly this is starting to get ridiculous. An eight pages thread about a showstopper bug and still not a word from officials since April 15th? Come on HB, isn't it time for some kind of statement about this at least?

Here we go;

• This bug is actually very rare, despite this long thread. E.g.; none of our 30+ internal testers can reproduce it, nor can anyone in the development team.
  • There is an issue with ED's DRM that basically means that we don't get any crashlogs from CTDs (hence why the game just "disappears"). This is an absolutely critical issue and we've raised it with them. Without a crashlog, we don't even have any idea where to begin looking.
  • Predicated on point two, we're trying to nail this down and fix it. We've even asked testers to just focus on this issue and try to get us a crashdump to no avail. We may get in touch with one of you directly soon to try and nail this down using alternate, DRM-free binaries.

In summary, we're working on it and we'll be taking drastic measures shortly.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Don't think it is such a very rare problem and shouldn't be so hard to reproduce. Just take the first mission of the "Operation Persian Gauntlet - Jane's F-15 Iran Campaign Reimagined (F-14B)" campaign and it happens 4 out of 5 times trying to lock/shoot down the helicopters (single player, no multiplayer needed), at least for me and other people reporting this problem with this mission.

Best regards, Marcel

Don't think it is such a very rare problem and shouldn't be so hard to reproduce. Just take the first mission of the "Operation Persian Gauntlet - Jane's F-15 Iran Campaign Reimagined (F-14B)" campaign and it happens 4 out of 5 times trying to lock/shoot down the helicopters (single player, no multiplayer needed), at least for me and other people reporting this problem with this mission.

Best regards, Marcel

Thank you, I will try to see if I can get a crash dump with this mission, of course, since this has been an issue particular to this mission of this campaign from the get go, it might be mission and not F-14 related, but it is a good idea an worth a try.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

Thanks for replying HeatBlur guys. Good to know you're onto it still. As I have previously also posted, if there's anything we that are having these CTD's can do to aid you in pinpointing the issue(s) I'm sure all of us would assist in any way we can.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz

Hearing about the CTDs a lot on Blueflag:Persian Gulf.

I have it very rare myself. A guy in our squad does have it like every day when he flies the cat - he flies the aircraft a bit more agressive than I do.

On Blueflag it seems like if you have 5 people flying the cat, some with RIO, some with Jester, 1 out of 5 will see a CTD.

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I want to thank huppel for suggesting that mission, and everyone for reporting their crashes. I've finally managed to trigger a CTD using that mission, and it's probably the weirdest DCS crash I've ever seen. It's a mix of a very specific avionics setup, plus the environment, plus some static objects in the vicinity of the aircraft. But the key was some partially initialized static objects - like the oil rigs, gas stations, etc. That's why some of you experienced those crashes, while the other didn't - it was very mission specific.

So at least one source of the CTDs is fixed. I can't guarantee that it was the only reason of the CTDs you got, but I can say that at least this one is going to be fixed for you on Wednesday.

Krzysztof Sobczak

Heatblur Simulations

Awesome Super Grover! So do you think this fix will only apply to the Persian gulf and/or specific mission,or is the fix itself non-map specific?

Edited by chrisofsweden

Those were static objects placed in the mission editor so the fix should apply to all maps.

Good news indeed! The mission I usually play contains placed static objects as well, so that bothes well!!

EDIT: Now that I think of it, many times those static objects may very well have been within the radars FOV in the background when I locked up in PAL and always CTD’d.

Edited by chrisofsweden

I have had 2 CTD last two nights... also my teammate had one. no specific event to report. Just CTD

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

So at least one source of the CTDs is fixed. I can't guarantee that it was the only reason of the CTDs you got, but I can say that at least this one is going to be fixed for you on Wednesday.

Thanks, great news! Thanks for looking into this so quickly after my suggestion. I know how difficult these rare bugs can be being a SW dev myself ;)

Best, Huppel

I get CTDs often since yesterday when playing online (5 times, the last one just now on GAW), it crashes without any notification. I don't know if it is linked to the latest update because i did not have these crashes before.

I purged my dcs folder in "saved games" and created a new one but i still get them, typically when i put the f10 map but it could be another cause.

we made 6 flight tonight on Buddy spike Caucasus and Persian. We had 4 random CTD on 3 different people and PCs..

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

I want to thank huppel for suggesting that mission, and everyone for reporting their crashes. I've finally managed to trigger a CTD using that mission, and it's probably the weirdest DCS crash I've ever seen. It's a mix of a very specific avionics setup, plus the environment, plus some static objects in the vicinity of the aircraft. But the key was some partially initialized static objects - like the oil rigs, gas stations, etc. That's why some of you experienced those crashes, while the other didn't - it was very mission specific.

Awesome. I've been unable to progress through that mission as when locking the helicopters in PLM/VL modes seems to have caused the CTD's.

Too bad there's no OB update this week, though, so it's another week of waiting for a patch.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!