Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World - Page 68 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-21-2020, 02:49 PM   #671
Seaeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by killkenny1 View Post
Heh, at this point I will be even happy with vanilla Su-27 or MiG-29...
Yeah me too.

Its just that the few hints we have been given seem a little over the top for these(or the F-15C).
Seaeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 09:52 AM   #672
ResonantCard1

Could it be the F-4? They said they had "indefinitely postponed" it, but ***if*** the F-16 and the F-18 are going to be finished this year, the team would be free to work on the F-4, so maybe...

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
ResonantCard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 10:34 AM   #673
AeriaGloria

On Reddit they said it wasn’t F-4
AeriaGloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:04 AM   #674
ResonantCard1

RIP then

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
ResonantCard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 05:19 PM   #675
Zius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaeagle View Post
Agree - but then while getting an official licence to do a full fidelity module for a "baseline" MiG-29 or Su-27 could be considered a "milestone", I don't see it as being more "brain melting" than a full fidelity F-15C.

IMHO that would take something like an Su-35

I disagree. A F-15C would, in my opinion, not offer that much more than the F-14 / F-16 / F-18 that we already have. Yes, it's a different aircraft but not much more advanced or very different in terms of systems than those.

The MiG-29 or Su-27 on the other hand would be a huge leap from the most modern full-fidelity Russian fighter that we have now, the MiG-21.

Whether it melts your brain, well, that depends on different things.

Personally the only thing that I suppose could really melt my brian would be DCS:Space Shuttle...
Old 03-24-2020, 01:54 PM   #676
Seaeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zius View Post
I disagree. A F-15C would, in my opinion, not offer that much more than the F-14 / F-16 / F-18 that we already have. Yes, it's a different aircraft but not much more advanced or very different in terms of systems than those.

The MiG-29 or Su-27 on the other hand would be a huge leap from the most modern full-fidelity Russian fighter that we have now, the MiG-21.
No you don't disagree, because thats basically what I said as well .

Quote:
Whether it melts your brain, well, that depends on different things.
Sure, but I guess we are all just trying to gauge what a likely candidate could be based on the few hints we have been given - such as "eagerly awaited", "milestone", "very complex" and "brain melting".
Seaeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 02:20 PM   #677
blkspade

The F-15C is vastly more modern than the F-14B (plus you really want 2 people), and superior than the hornet at counter air. It's a bit more of a push against the F-16C, save for the increased staying power of the Eagle.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:14 PM   #678
jlummel

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkspade View Post
The F-15C is vastly more modern than the F-14B (plus you really want 2 people), and superior than the hornet at counter air. It's a bit more of a push against the F-16C, save for the increased staying power of the Eagle.
But it doesn't move the DCS simulation world forward! The red vs. blue aspect is wildly out of the balance for modern jets, and the F-15C only pushes it more out of balance and only gives you more of the same.

The warbirds of WWII in DCS have a decent red vs. blue balance, as does the Korean War era golden age jets. Even the helicopters have some balance in the red vs. blue aspect!

But for DCS modern era jets there is virtually zero red vs. blue balance. Yes there are several modern red jets from Flaming Cliffs, they are not the high fidelity models you see in the blue jets, and while better than nothing it's just not balance...

Last edited by jlummel; 03-26-2020 at 05:12 AM.
jlummel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 07:51 AM   #679
TLTeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlummel View Post
But it doesn't move the DCS simulation world forward! The red vs. blue aspect is wildly out of the balance for modern jets, and the F-15C only pushes it more out of balance and only gives you more of the same.

The warbirds of WWII in DCS have a decent red vs. blue balance, as does the Korean War era golden age jets. Even the helicopters have some balance in the red vs. blue aspect!

But for DCS modern era jets there is virtually zero red vs. blue balance. Yes there are several modern red jets from Flaming Cliffs, they are not the high fidelity models you see in the blue jets, and while better than nothing it's just not balance...

Yeah 100% this. It's telling that the only competitive, full fidelity modern Redfor jet in DCS was designed to operate alongside Vipers...
TLTeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:08 AM   #680
otto

Almost certainly the new module is not going to be the F15C:
- Because a certain third party is working on the F15E .It would be like kicking yourself in the foot .
- I might be wrong but i just don't see it as a milestone .

While personally i would like a thrust vectoring jet and i prefer Sukhoi , i wouldn't say no to a F22. Soon or in 15 Years from now .
otto is offline   Reply With Quote