TV/Camera Not Working

dresoccer4

hey all. i'm working on the weapons tutorial in the NTTR and following along step by step. however, ever after waiting several minutes, the TV never shows an image from the camera. i've followed the tutorial to a T, but there's just a crosshairs but no image. :(

i'm on the newest update. has anyone else experienced this and know of a quick fix?

thanks!

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

after digging around some more i now have read that this is a known bug and the whole TV system is broken :(

bummer i was just getting a hang of it! oh well, c'est la vie

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Yeah I thought I left the lens cap on. :D

Edited by FragBum
<edit>

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Huey cargo cam is out as well since last update. Wonder if bug is related.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

I have the same issue. All I can see is white symbology with black background instead of video image I should be getting. Happen right after the latest 2.5.1 update. At the moment HOT3 missiles are impossible to use, hopefully it can be fixed soon.

Edit: I was looking at the wrong section in the changelog, they've added this issue in known issues at the end. A hotfix should be coming soon.

Edited by ksarkaya

I just don't get how something that wasn't even worked on (at least to my knowledge .. because there were no issues with the camera), gets muffed up with an update ?

This sort of thing happens far too often. Things work great .... until there is an unrelated update.

What a drag.

SnowTiger:joystick:

I just don't get how something that wasn't even worked on (at least to my knowledge .. because there were no issues with the camera), gets muffed up with an update ?

This sort of thing happens far too often. Things work great .... until there is an unrelated update.

What a drag.

They moved out of beta with a key component of what is arguably the primary Gazelle variant broken. Embarrassing for them, and frustrating for us, but hopefully a fix will be available soon.

What I don't understand is why, when fixes etc are committed by 3rd part devs, are we still made to wait for them by ED. Why can't the ED Updater be more active in getting updates to us .. particularly if it's content specifically module related and not core-DCS. Clearly such delays aren't for quality control. For example, the issue with the DMT on the AV-8B. Broken in 2.5.1. Fix identified by dev. Great - release it! But no, we must wait for ED.

They moved out of beta with a key component of what is arguably the primary Gazelle variant broken. Embarrassing for them, and frustrating for us, but hopefully a fix will be available soon.

What I don't understand is why, when fixes etc are committed by 3rd part devs, are we still made to wait for them by ED. Why can't the ED Updater be more active in getting updates to us .. particularly if it's content specifically module related and not core-DCS. Clearly such delays aren't for quality control. For example, the issue with the DMT on the AV-8B. Broken in 2.5.1. Fix identified by dev. Great - release it! But no, we must wait for ED.

Unfortunately we were not given an access to the 2.5.1. preior to the patch of the open beta, which means our working files were delivered for upload and nobody, not us or ED was forseeing that there would be an issue with the rendering of the TV.

... Auto Hover is almost impossible...is that a bug too?

Haven't seen any issues with auto hover myself - first thing I did was take the Minigun version out and put it in Auto Hover before switching to the Minigun to shoot stuff up.

Might be best to start a new thread and post a track, if you're having issues with 2.5.1's auto hover.

I assume you used the ADI 'DOP' mode to confirm near zero lateral drift and the VVI to confirm a stable hover before engaging 'Auto Hover'.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 2 weeks later...

Today's update does not seem to fix the Gazelle TV. I was hoping, as they mentioned that it fixes A-10 TV.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

Well, I have a fix (from ED) for those who can't wait for the next update.

open "DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\SA342\Cockpit\TV\Indicator\init.lua"

Uncomment the line #46 "--used_render_mask = "interleave.bmp" --default mask for TV" removing the first 2 minus signs.

You should get "used_render_mask = "interleave.bmp" --default mask for TV"

Save the file, that's all.

You'll have to re-comment this line when ED will release the update.

Well, I have a fix (from ED) for those who can't wait for the next update.

open "DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\SA342\Cockpit\TV\Indicator\init.lua"

Uncomment the line #46 "--used_render_mask = "interleave.bmp" --default mask for TV" removing the first 2 minus signs.

You should get "used_render_mask = "interleave.bmp" --default mask for TV"

Save the file, that's all.

You'll have to re-comment this line when ED will release the update.

awesome thanks