[ALL MODULES][SP/CO-OP] Liberation Dynamic Campaign - Page 25 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-04-2018, 12:54 AM   #241
shdwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by itarrow View Post
Hey there: I am trying the campaign using the AV8B from east carrier (Tarawa).

Unfortunately, probably due to the payload, all wingmen crash on takeoff in any CAS or strike mission.

Is there anyone with the same problem who knows how to prevent this ? I would really like to use this campaign with the Harrier and do carrier operations, but not if I every strike mission is a bloodbath for my wingmen...
Is it them crashing into you while still on the deck? I've found that they'd disregard the player plane and just ram it. If you get off the deck fast enough then they would take off just fine.

Last edited by shdwp; 11-04-2018 at 12:58 AM.
shdwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 12:59 AM   #242
VladMordock

Hi, I've asked before, but it was lost in some discussion, any chance that the difficulty settings could be set per whole campaign (easy com off, no external views etc.)
Old 11-04-2018, 12:07 PM   #243
Distiler

Does it work with newer versions of python? like 3.7.1
Old 11-04-2018, 12:30 PM   #244
shdwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladMordock View Post
Hi, I've asked before, but it was lost in some discussion, any chance that the difficulty settings could be set per whole campaign (easy com off, no external views etc.)
Didn't have the plans for it, I'll look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distiler View Post
Does it work with newer versions of python? like 3.7.1
It should, albeit I haven't tested it.
shdwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 12:40 PM   #245
Distiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwp View Post
Didn't have the plans for it, I'll look into it.

It should, albeit I haven't tested it.
Thanks! May I suggest you package the campaign with an embbedeed python distribution that doesn't need system instalation? (python in a subforlder in the campaign)
Old 11-04-2018, 04:04 PM   #246
itarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwp View Post
Is it them crashing into you while still on the deck? I've found that they'd disregard the player plane and just ram it. If you get off the deck fast enough then they would take off just fine.
Well, they crash in the ocean with a huge splash which actually is quite choreographic but unfortunately gets into the way of my success in the campaign.

Jokes apart, I assume in some cases they are too heavy for a carrier take off, or maybe they don’t know how to compensate for a heavy payload.
itarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 04:05 PM   #247
Mech

Hi, having a blast with this. Is it possible to raise the tankers speed? Or it needs to be adjusted in the ME? Right now they have 175 kn...tried only on Nevada.
Great work, btw.
Mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:13 PM   #248
itarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by itarrow View Post
Well, they crash in the ocean with a huge splash which actually is quite choreographic but unfortunately gets into the way of my success in the campaign.

Jokes apart, I assume in some cases they are too heavy for a carrier take off, or maybe they don’t know how to compensate for a heavy payload.
On the DCE thread I have found this message: could it be relevant to the problem of AV8Bs splashing while taking off from Tarawa ?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=909
itarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:31 PM   #249
kjay05

Just a quick question. Will there be an update to accommodate the new MAVs?
kjay05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:38 PM   #250
Shein

Hey shdwp,
I had a few suggestions on how to make the campaign a little more immersive and less "sterile" feeling.
So each mission kind of feels like it's in a vacuum; I kind of don't get the feeling that I'm fighting a war, more like I'm fighting a series of individual encounters like I'm going through a tournament almost. This is partially because of the way units end up getting grouped on the ground, and more so because nothing precludes the player from just buying the best units.

For example...
The enemy will buy a variety of units on the ground, however I'll just buy NOTHING but M1A1 tanks because they're the best, and they just steam roll the BRDM's and T55's and whatever else the enemy buys. Same with aircraft; they're throwing mirages at me and C101's and I'm always flying a hornet. Little unfair.
When I do a base attack, all the enemies start grouped out together in the middle of the airfield. Perhaps make them spread out?

So! What I'm suggesting, is perhaps...
1. make certain units "locked" until later in the campaign forcing the player to use less powerful aircraft early on. This gives more of a challenge and variety to the campaign.
2. instead of being able to buy individual ground units, maybe sell units in "groups" or "packs" or "platoons" or something. For example, you could buy a group of 3x m1a1, 2x stryker, and 5x humvee. This gives a more realistic distribution of ground units and forces the player to not spam m1a1's the whole time.
At the end of the engagement, you could choose to pay to "repair and replace" lost units of that platoon, or sell off the remainder of them for the difference in money.
3. For base attack missions, give each base being attacked a free compliment of static objects and basic defenses. Like ZSU-23 ground emplacements, manpads, some parked trucks and tents, just make the base feel "alive" and like its an actual lived in base, instead of just a platform for the engagement of the two sides.
Shein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campaign, dynamic campaign