Stuck in loading screen after quitting mission (F18C, CAS)

Worrazen

I saw that Opera saved form entry for "Stuck in Loading Screen after a mission" but I can't find a thread on DCS forums using that search entry.

So I must have forgotten to post the thread or something. There's at least two other related threads that are not mine.

Mission was F-18C (early access) standard "Close Air Support" mission where you start on aircraft carrier in the snowy caucasus, (but I think there's other F-18C missions too with snowy caucasus)

The screen seems frozen as it has a standard looking loading screen, a background of the sky, and just says "loading ..." the app does seem to be responsive and if I right click on the taskbar item and select close DCS will show a dialog asking me if I want to quit, yes or no, but it doesn't do anything if I click Yes.

DsBd04n.png

EDIT: The log did not change after forceful termination.

Added log file and last track. There was no crash reporter, or any further messages.

dcs_log_freeze_loading_screen_19Feb2020.zip

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• ED Team

please attach your dcs log it should give us some clues

also fry my crash advice below

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yah, updated, I took also to fetch the track, because I was doing a bit unusual stuff in that mission I never did before, showing off DCS to some of my family members, then I took a spin and I crashed into a landed ally on the carrier and it was burning weird (flickery smoke) and wanted to report that bug, but it stopped burning before I could snap a video.

That said, I didn't play that mission in 256OB before so the above may not be it.

However sorry though, I'll be keeping Windows version 1607 (LTSB 2016) for the forseeable future, at least until mainstream support ends, October 2021, not that I need that support but that's the timeline this version should be supported in fairness if following MS rules.

I consider that I have relatively great stability record with DCS, a few crashes here and there, most of them random and unrepeatable.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• ED Team

Thanks for the data

I think we have this one fixed internally.

Please wait for the next patch and let me know if you see it again

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2