Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

MSVCPP Runtime Error on Exit

Worrazen

Hello

So 2.5.6 seems to be quite a milestone that I switched from release to beta, I cleaned up FXO and Metashaders as well as AMD DXCACHE.

I left the DCS config in Saved Games alone otherwise, the new beta build did not create DCS.OpenBeta config, and instead used the existing one.

I booted up, it loaded into main menu and because I was just testing things I exited moments later.

MSVC Runtime Error came up after exit, DCS GUI is gone but it is still running and the MSVC error dialog is a child of the DCS process.

Runtime Error!

Program: .... \bin\DCS.exe

R6030

CRT Not Initialized

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• ED Team

Hi

Can you delete your options.lua in your saved games config folder and restart dcs.

let me know if it helps

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

No it didn't, I created a clean DCS user folder completely, I did not change any settings before quitting.

I still had F-14 from the Free Weekend installed, and chose to uninstall it, it automatically quit the game as usuall, but this same error appeared after some moments, but the updater went on and uninstalled successfully.

But this is a temporary switch (updater feature), I'm going back to release after a while, hopefully things stay stable with the installation it self, but when switching the updater should make sure it modifies the installation's user folder, so that it points to "DCS.OpenBeta" or however it is named usually.

9akDhCH.png

There is no crash report, and nothing else immediately visible happens.

--------------

--------------

Note: I did switch from Xonar D1 audio card, to onboard realtek audio chip, recently, and tested with 2.5.5 release version, and this error did not happen there.

It's the first time I run DCS with onboard realtek. Official Xonar drivers are pretty buggy, I was using modded-fixed drivers and I guess the update didn't go so well so I would have to roll back to the good drivers for Win10 that I was using years before, but I chose to check out how DCS will do with realtek, as I saw some odd behavior with DCS and Xonar that pointed to either DCS not liking it or Xonar it self getting old and showing signs of HW problems, as I started noticing a lot of DPC usage from storport.sys and cmudaxp.sys (xonar) with DCS, however this was the time when I was doing a lot of troubleshooting and performance testing and recording with OBS, so running all those loggers and recording probably may influence things so that's why I'm testing realtek to see if same pattern continues, but it was random it didn't happen in all sessions.

Hardware audio just can't and can't get it's thing together, AMD is trying with it's TrueAudio on the GPUs, I'm still disappointed with the audio industry but moreover with the customers that they don't demand better audio and are okay with basics :p

I agreed it's a pretty good idea I get rid of a risky component before I start testing 2.5.6 OpenBeta.

EDIT: Okay, at least one culprit for the high DPC/ISR latency usage was due to a system information utility, Process Explorer from SysInternals (which is part of Microsoft now), so false alarm, but I'll keep looking if there's other cases.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

It has happened every single time on all kinds of types of exits, main menu, automatic by module management, quit game from mission. I think over 10 times that I've ran and stopped DCS today.

But, it's a kinda dud, doesn't do anything to stop me playing.