DCS open beta wont start after update

dave76

Your "antivirus" moved your DCS executable. Go into quarantine, restore the file (DCS.exe) and then also create an exception for the dcs folder.

[The best would be to remove mcaffee completely. I personally wouldn't waste my PC resources on this.

But in the end it depends on your computer and internet skills]

Edited by Cornelius

• ED Team

whitelist dcs in your antivirus.

This is likely a false positive

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Ok so turns out that the only way to get the game to work is update using power shell then delete fxo and metashader folders. After that repair with power shell and completely turn off McAfee. Not sure why it wouldn't work after white listing it and totally letting it through, but at least I have a work around till we get a very much needed hot fix.

What I did to operate 2.5.6 to work with McAfee is turn the real time scanning to off and restore the quarantined DCS.exe file or repair OpenBeta. That was more straightforward for me. Plus when you are done with DCS turn real time scanning on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD