GO TO WAYPOINT for ground units

Since a couple of months AI ground units also got the ability to divert from their pre-set route that was set in the mission editor. This new...ish GO TO WAYPOINT functionality seems to be quite incomplete/WIP ... or broken. I think, I posted somewhere about this already (right after the feature was introduced), but for the heck of it, I can't find it anymore. So, I'll try to document all my findings here now.

Please watch the track - it illustrates several issues. In this mission, I wanted a AI unit to show a patrol-style behavior. The unit should continue it's route a WP 1 after reaching WP 3 and thus going around and around forever. For that, I had set a "PERFORM TASK: go to waypoint" as Advanced Waypoint Action at WP 3.

Issue 1: what happens is that the unit does indeed go to WP 1 after reaching WP 3, but then it does not follow the roure any further. Instead it seems, that the "go to waypoint" is never finishing - even when the unit had arrived there, it never stops moving and maneuvers back and forth and around WP 3.

I had also added a global trigger that does an "AI PUSH TASK: go to waipoint 4" if the unit was damaged. The idea here was to make the unit "flee" if they got shot at on their patrol route.

Issue 2 (might be the same issue as 1?): when fired upon, the unit does indeed go to WP 4. But there it then turns around and goes back where it startet from. In this case it was again WP 1 where it was still idling around. Back at WP 1 it continued what it was doing before ... idling around a bit more.

Issue 3: when heading to the new waypoint, the unit seems to ignore all WP related settings. The speed seems off, the formation is neither that of the last WP nor of the "go to" WP. Further testing might be neccessary to confirm that other apects, i.e. set by earlier WP actions, are ignored as well...

Issue 4: there is a "PERFORM TASK: go to waypoint" and there is a "SET COMMAND: go to waypoint". The behaviour of both seem to be identical.

Conclusion: In a way, "go to waypoint" does what it says ... but as such, is not really usefull. The action should work more like "set next waypoint" - i.e. follow the defined route, starting with the new waypoint, while respecting all respective WP and route settings from there on.

All in all, this feature looks very "WIP" at least. If a tester would confirm that this is reported/known/worked on, after all these months that it was implemented initially, that would be great! Thanks!